Windows 10: Unable to find the printer after installing udpates

Discus and support Unable to find the printer after installing udpates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I assume there has been a recent update. My printer HPC3180 no longer appears on my list and has been replaced with HP ePrint. I've tried all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frustrated Paul C, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Unable to find the printer after installing udpates

I assume there has been a recent update. My printer HPC3180 no longer appears on my list and has been replaced with HP ePrint. I've tried all the help and troubleshooting options. It is not found if I ADD printer. I can print when in a document, e.g. Word, so the printer is recognized

***Original title: Missing printer***

:)

Frustrated Paul C, Nov 18, 2019

2. Unable to install printer in Win10 due to spooler stopping

Let us resolve your issue in installing your printer. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Uninstall all your printer software and drivers.
    • Disconnect your printer cables; then, restart your computer.
    • Download and install your printer software and drivers from the manufacturer website.
    • One you're done, connect your printer; then, check if the issue still persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Unable to install printer drivers on Windows10 64bit Pro

Hi Grey,

It is possible that you're unable to install printer drivers due to compatibility issue or corrupted drivers. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since you've mentioned that you've followed a dozen suggestions, what are those troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot printer problems
    in Windows 10. You can expand each section and perform the instructions which you're not yet done.

Additionally, you may also check the information shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread about how to determine if you're computer is compatible
    with Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Unable to find the printer after installing udpates

Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Unable to find the printer after installing udpates

1. Unable to find the printer after installing udpates - Similar Threads - Unable find printer

2. Unable to install printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install printer: The printer I'm trying to install is a Brother DCP T220. It shows in the devices list but doesn't show when I'm trying to print something. I tried installing drivers from the CD that came with it. Tried installing manually, but everytime I run into this dialogue box. Please...
  3. Unable to install printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install printer: The printer I'm trying to install is a Brother DCP T220. It shows in the devices list but doesn't show when I'm trying to print something. I tried installing drivers from the CD that came with it. Tried installing manually, but everytime I run into this dialogue box. Please...
  4. Unable to install printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to install printer drivers

Unable to install printer drivers: I recently changed my old hard drive to a ssd drive and installed Windows fresh.I'm having difficulty installing my Brother printer drivers. I've searched the web for this problem and didn't find anything useful! I download the driver file and when I run as administrator,...
  6. Unable to install printer driver

Unable to install printer driver: Unable to install legacy printer - Brother MFC-9700 onto Windows 10 64 bit. The Brother site says that "The built-in driver is already included with Windows® Operating System or is available through Windows® update." It does not. Going through device manager and trying to...
  7. Finds printer, but can't install it

Finds printer, but can't install it: Ever since 2004 Spring release which I just had installed a few weeks ago. It seems to detect my local network printer, but cannot install it. I tried to download the driver from HP web site which is pretty old for Windows 10. It is dated 2015 was the last update. I have...
  8. Unable to install Network Printer

Unable to install Network Printer: I have a strange problem with a couple of laptops in a network of some 30 machines. We have recently had a couple of Lexmark networked colour laser printers installed and all machines have successfully had the new printers installed - with the exception of two laptops....
  9. Unable to find network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to find network printer: Hi, I am using Win 10 version 1803 on my desktop . My desktop is connected via LAN with my dlink router. My printer epson l4160 is connect via wifi with the router . When I am going to Add a printer option , I can't find the printer . Add a bluetooth ,wireless or...
  10. Unable to find printer IP Address

Unable to find printer IP Address: Hi, I was trying to resolve printing and scanning issue on call. The customer has three desktop computers and three printers. Some of printers is connected with wire and some is connected with wireless. All desktop computers and printers are in the same network. Depending...