Windows 10: Unable to find unallocated disk space after shrinking volume.

Discus and support Unable to find unallocated disk space after shrinking volume. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Alright, I've never posted here so forgive me if this is kind of a mess lol, I was trying to shrink my Windows (C:) so I could make a separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Winter., Jul 9, 2019.

1. Winter. Win User

Unable to find unallocated disk space after shrinking volume.

Alright, I've never posted here so forgive me if this is kind of a mess lol,

I was trying to shrink my Windows (CUnable to find unallocated disk space after shrinking volume. :) so I could make a separate partition, I didn't exactly know what I was doing at the time so I think I ended up shrinking quite a bit of it, but I'm not sure how much I shrunk it but I can tell it was a lot, I think I had around 500 or 600 GB? Anyways, while I was shrinking it, my PC froze or locked up or something, so I had to press the reset button on my PC, now I can't find the unallocated disk space, I've tried messing around with it for hours but I can't figure out how to get it back or find it anywhere.

I never created a restore point or anything so I can't just hit the undo button unfortunately, I should have done that but I was dumb and didn't.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

:)

Winter., Jul 9, 2019
  2. UserTen Win User

Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition

Okay...thanks. Will look at it tomorrow. FYI, I figured out how to get that unformatted G partition back into D.

In Disk Management, I right clicked G and selected "Delete Volume." That rendered the partition as unallocated. I was then able to extend D with that space.

Thanks again for all of the help!

Unable to find unallocated disk space after shrinking volume. [​IMG]

UserTen, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Unable to shrink C: drive less that 480GB in Disk management on Windows 10.

Hi,

I bought a new laptop with 2TB HDD and able to shrink volume till 560GB and now I cannot shrink below.

I want to keep the OS drive of 150 GB and rest to be unallocated just for creating another volume when required.

Pls do help!!!

Regards,

Krishna

It does not show any error buts just the volume to be shrink is 0

KrishnaDarbha, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Unable to find unallocated disk space after shrinking volume.

Unable to shrink C: drive less that 480GB in Disk management on Windows 10.

Hi,

I bought a new laptop with 2TB HDD and able to shrink volume till 560GB and now I cannot shrink below.

I want to keep the OS drive of 150 GB and rest to be unallocated just for creating another volume when required.

Pls do help!!!

Regards,

Krishna

KrishnaDarbha, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable to find unallocated disk space after shrinking volume.

1. Unable to find unallocated disk space after shrinking volume. - Similar Threads - Unable find unallocated

2. Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume: I'm using Windows 10 2019 LTSC. I have a 119 GB drive Disk 0. On this drive there is: - system partition 260 BM - C 113 GB- some "unallocated" but protected space 5.68 GB.I want to shrink C by 64 GB Rightclick -> Shrink volume... with 65536 typed in. C Has only 49 GB on...
  3. Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume: I'm using Windows 10 2019 LTSC. I have a 119 GB drive Disk 0. On this drive there is: - system partition 260 BM - C 113 GB- some "unallocated" but protected space 5.68 GB.I want to shrink C by 64 GB Rightclick -> Shrink volume... with 65536 typed in. C Has only 49 GB on...
  4. Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Missing unallocated space after volume shrink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing unallocated space after volume shrink: I went to the disk management tool to shrink my SSD on which my Win10 is installed. I typed in something like 70GB and pressed shrink, after that instead of the unallocated space to appear so I can create a new partition, it just disappeared.I tried "TestDisk", "SFC" and...
  6. Unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated disk space: [ATTACH] After installing Windows 10 Pro for the first time I notice that I'm missing disk D. I tried ''New Simple Volume'' on unallocated disk but doesn't work. I would appreciate your help. Thanks!...
  7. Extending disk volume uisng unallocated space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending disk volume uisng unallocated space: Hi, I used to have a Linux partition on my computer alongside Windows. I no longer need the Linux partition. For now, I want to recover the 780.75GB unallocated space left on my Disk 0 the hard drive where Windows is NOT installed in. Disk Management shows this: [ATTACH]...
  8. Unable to format unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to format unallocated disk space: I swapped out my hard drive to an SSD and cloned the drive. The initial drive was 500Gb and the new SSD has 1Tb capacity.Everything went well, however I cannot format 500Gb of un allocated space. I receive the following error message. How can I format unallocated space and...
  9. Unallocated Disk Space

Unallocated Disk Space: I recently bought a small laptop to do admin work while out-of-town. The computer came in with a 100 MB partition allocated to Recovery. That didn't leave me enough room for a Windows upgrade. There was nothing in the partition so I created an external Recovery, deleted the...
  10. Unable to Shrink Volume

Unable to Shrink Volume: Just got an ASUS laptop. In Disk Management I want to shrink C: a small amount and use the partition for my data. But, regardless of what value I put in Enter the amount of space to shrink in MB I get The parameter is incorrect The size that is available to shrink is 45032...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no unallocated space after shrinking

2. cant find unallocated disk

3. window 10 i shrink my hard drive but unable to name the unallocated volume

4. how much unallocated space to shrink 1TB,
  5. unable to find extend volume menu option in recovery d drive