Windows 10: Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

Discus and support Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After updating to Windows 11 I can no longer get the serial port in Ports COM & LPT from the Device Manager.When I select Device Manager nothing shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Helle B, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Helle B Win User

Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

After updating to Windows 11 I can no longer get the serial port in Ports COM & LPT from the Device Manager.When I select Device Manager nothing shows up, I cannot see Ports COM & LPT.These are the steps I have tried:IN DEVICE MANAGERView: Show hidden devices in Device Manager nothing happensScan for hardware changesAction: Add legacy hardware. Used both search recommended and add manually. When trying to add Communication Port: "Windows cannot determine the settings from this device". Does not work and have a yellow warning sign. When adding legacy hardware next time it is uninstall

:)

Helle B, Oct 7, 2022
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Changing the Port settings for Serial-USB.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you want to change the port settings, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager (right click on start button
      and then on Device manager).
    2. Then expand port (COMS & LPT).
    3. Then right click on Prolific USB-to Serial Comm Port and then on properties.
    4. Go to port settings and click on Advanced.
    5. You will be able to make the changes on this screen.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Oct 7, 2022
  3. sspj9 Win User
    USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr

Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11 [​IMG]

My USB devices are only listed under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers/Devices" And the COM port is not assigned to the USB device. I would like to see the devices listed under "Ports (COM & LPT)" Such that a software I use would recognize the COM port under the which the USB device is connected to, such as STM32 STLink. How can I do this please?

sspj9, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

Device Manager USB Ports

Thank you AUGGY

In Windows 7 it is named Ports (COM & LPT) Communications Port (COM1)

In Windows 10 it is named USB <-> Radio Scanner Cable (there is a yellow triangle in front of the letters USB with a ! Inside of it

Values are

USB\VID_0403&PID_6001&REV_0400

USB\VID_0403_PID_6001

Thank you

SpecialEd66, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

1. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Unable find USB

2. USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number: If I set the com number manually, the device manager will crash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-port-in-device-manager-without-com/6a65662a-0fcb-4e88-a209-4842213429c8
  3. USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number: If I set the com number manually, the device manager will crash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-port-in-device-manager-without-com/6a65662a-0fcb-4e88-a209-4842213429c8
  4. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11: Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-usb-serial-port-ports-com-lpt-in/d5bdad38-b8e3-4f32-808e-12e9fd8ffd60
  5. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11: Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-usb-serial-port-ports-com-lpt-in/d5bdad38-b8e3-4f32-808e-12e9fd8ffd60
  6. USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number: Hi, When I connect a serial device, I see the USB serial Port in the device Manager, but there is no port number assigned behind it. What is the reason?looking forward to your replythanks....
  7. USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number

USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number: Hi, When I connect a serial device, I see the USB serial Port in the device Manager, but there is no port number assigned behind it. What is the reason?looking forward to your replythanks....
  8. USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11

Unable to find USB Serial Port Ports COM & LPT in Device Manager Windows 11: After updating to Windows 11 I can no longer get the serial port in Ports COM & LPT from the Device Manager.When I select Device Manager nothing shows up, I cannot see Ports COM & LPT.These are the steps I have tried:IN DEVICE MANAGERView: Show hidden devices in Device...
  10. Serial com ports.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Serial com ports.: I am trying to use a USB-RS232 lead on my laptop. I cannot create any COM ports and none are there by default. If I try this on my desktop it works perfectly. When trying to create a COM port I get an invalid parameter error and the creation fails Windows 10 Home...