Windows 10: Unable to find user data after deleting User Account Registry key

Discus and support Unable to find user data after deleting User Account Registry key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So yesterday my pc shut down randomly It think it was a blue screen of death or something like that and today when I loaded up I got into a temp user.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by André MiguelFerreira, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Unable to find user data after deleting User Account Registry key

So yesterday my pc shut down randomly It think it was a blue screen of death or something like that and today when I loaded up I got into a temp user. It wasn't my first time,I had fixed it before. But instead of deleting the right user in regedit I deleted the one with the.bax prefix and now I am no longer on a temp user but I lost all my stuff, my programs 86 files are there but my documents are gone, together with any presonalization I made before Desktop, google chrome, etc etc. Is there any way I can recover my stuff back?

P.s: I never made backups

***Original title: Deleted User in regedit***

:)

André MiguelFerreira, Feb 3, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Feb 3, 2020
  3. How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Unable to find user data after deleting User Account Registry key

GAH! accidently deleted a user account

how do i get back a deleted user account on xp32?

i need the data at the least but the whole thing would be great.

ive tried system restore and thats not working at all.

*Mad Unable to find user data after deleting User Account Registry key :mad:

Fitseries3, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to find user data after deleting User Account Registry key

1. Unable to find user data after deleting User Account Registry key - Similar Threads - Unable find user

2. I want to delete an user account but keep the data in it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete an user account but keep the data in it.: I have 2 user accounts and for some reason I want to delete it but keep the data inside of it. I have not maintained the data, so I don't even know which file belongs to which user account. I don't even know how to back up those files so if you don't have any suggestions then...
  3. I want to delete an user account but keep the data in it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to delete an user account but keep the data in it.: I have 2 user accounts and for some reason I want to delete it but keep the data inside of it. I have not maintained the data, so I don't even know which file belongs to which user account. I don't even know how to back up those files so if you don't have any suggestions then...
  4. I want to delete an user account but keep the data in it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Deleted user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted user account: Hi. Today I turned on the computer as always. I had two accounts, one of my own which is in Microsoft and a local administrator. When the login window pops up, it automatically logs me in to an administrator account, not the main one. I checked user switching and I don't know...
  6. Deleting user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting user account: I want to delete a user account and a secondary standard account. How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-user-account/6c15ce8e-aede-4e29-8191-55e98b29c33b
  7. Delete registry key in user shell folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete registry key in user shell folders: After renaming my User account, my user shell folders all messed up due to OneDrive and I have these two additional folders that are not the default user folders.How can I delete them safely? is it as simple as pressing delete?...
  8. User Data still there after i delete the user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Data still there after i delete the user: A few months ago I had deleted a user from my laptop. Today I just checked my users folder in my C drive, and found that all the data of that user was there, but when I saw the amount of users on my laptop, it was only mine.... Pls Help its taking up a lot of space and its...
  9. Recovery Of Deleted User data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Of Deleted User data: I have an old user on my hp-all in one PC that i have deleted and i want all the data from that user back the name of the user is sreedeep sreederhan my new user's name is aarav sreedeep...
  10. delete a user account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete a user account?: what will happen if I delete one of the 2 users on my dell computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-user-account/eb20a0a6-faec-4efd-bdb6-0463d20fa88a