Windows 10: Unable to find user folder

Discus and support Unable to find user folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I changed my user name on my desktop and despite changing it, the user folder still displays the old user name and it seems like photos downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TzeYang Sim, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Unable to find user folder

So I changed my user name on my desktop and despite changing it, the user folder still displays the old user name and it seems like photos downloaded from a game is transferred to a folder under the new user name but I am still unable to find said user folder for the new username.

Any help for this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

:)

TzeYang Sim, Feb 23, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Feb 23, 2021
  4. gypsycomp Win User

Unable to find user folder

Unable to see folder C:\users\all users

Thank you for your reply.
    As you can see in this image, "All Users" does exist.
    Also, where do you find C:\ProgramData, as it is not listed on my machine?

Unable to find user folder [​IMG]

gypsycomp, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Unable to find user folder

1. Unable to find user folder - Similar Threads - Unable find user

2. Can't find users folder on D:\Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find users folder on D:\Windows: I had a HP Pavilion laptop with an SSD. The laptop needed repairing so took it to a computer shop, but the laptop was basically done. They placed the SSD in a M.2 SSD enclosure/caddy. Unfortunately, even though I have unhidden the files, I can't find the users folder...
  3. Unable to rename user folder in C:/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to rename user folder in C:/: Hi, my computer was recently reformatted and afterwhich, when I click in the path C:\Users, my folder name "Rach" is no longer there and instead, it is named "user" instead, which is different from my computer login profile. How do I get it to sync and rename the folder as...
  4. Unable to rename user folder in C:/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to rename user folder in C:/: Hi, my computer was recently reformatted and afterwhich, when I click in the path C:\Users, my folder name "Rach" is no longer there and instead, it is named "user" instead, which is different from my computer login profile. How do I get it to sync and rename the folder as...
  5. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  6. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  7. Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder: Hi - From File Explorer, I cannot open any file on my computer. The error always says: Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder\... In File Explorer, everything shows up OK. But I have tried to open files in the Documents folder and the Music folder; always getting...
  8. Can't find folders in my user directory

Can't find folders in my user directory: After deleting .eclipse folder, I am stii not able to find any folder in c:/users/salou directory. does this mean that I lost my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-folders-in-my-user-directory/93118547-c4fd-4889-8a12-364832206273
  9. Unable to change location of user folders

Unable to change location of user folders: To save my space on C drive (containing the OS), I always change the location of the default user folders (Desktop, Documents, Videos, Music, Downloads, Pictures) to a different drive from the Properties->Location tab->Move. I did a mistake in moving the 3D Objects folder, I...
  10. Unable to see folder C:\users\all users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to see folder C:\users\all users: Using win10 - 64bit Logged into cmd prompt as admin. Cannot see C:\users\all users with the following cmd's Folder does not show in normal File Explorer window Run TREE cmd and the All Users folder does not show. Run DIR cmd for C:\users and All Users does not show...