Windows 10: unable to find where my RAM's going.

Discus and support unable to find where my RAM's going. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; have 16GB of ram and when i boot up, i use 20% or so, but within a week it bloats up to about 60%. if i close chrome etc all down it only drops to 50%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/skeyer, Apr 11, 2020.

1. /u/skeyer Win User

unable to find where my RAM's going.

have 16GB of ram and when i boot up, i use 20% or so, but within a week it bloats up to about 60%. if i close chrome etc all down it only drops to 50% or so.

task manager doesn't list where all the ram is being used. chrome is using a gig or so, then AV software. the first 14 processes (organised by ram usage) only uses about 2GB.

i have no idea where the rest of the ram is being used. this has been going on for over a year and i just installed the latest update and it's still the same. can anyone help pls?

submitted by /u/skeyer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/skeyer, Apr 11, 2020

2. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin unable to find where my RAM's going. :D

DrunkenMafia, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 11, 2020
  4. BullGod Win User

List of Micron D9 RAM: Request sticky.

Maybe now you see those Rams I suggested to buy for your rig. They are at the top of the list there...

BullGod, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

1. unable to find where my RAM's going. - Similar Threads - unable find where

2. where do i go to find a screenshot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where do i go to find a screenshot: Where do i go to find a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-find-a-screenshot/e8daa79b-c929-4e7c-8060-89f0e9e7d99b
  3. where do i go to find a screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do i go to find a screenshot: Where do i go to find a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-find-a-screenshot/e8daa79b-c929-4e7c-8060-89f0e9e7d99b
  4. where do i go to find a screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where is my RAM ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is my RAM ?: I never seen this before, normally that reads ; 15 usable of 16 gb of Ram. However there is a problem as you see here. This now reads 7 GB of available ram. I'm asking for your help finding where my ram went . I lost my ram like i lost my marbles. Help me free my ram. meeaaah...
  6. Where is my RAM ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is my RAM ?: I never seen this before, normally that reads ; 15 usable of 16 gb of Ram. However there is a problem as you see here. This now reads 7 GB of available ram. I'm asking for your help finding where my ram went . I lost my ram like i lost my marbles. Help me free my ram. meeaaah...
  7. Where is 50% of my Ram Going?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is 50% of my Ram Going?: I don't know why but a couple of days ago my laptop started nonstop screaming by just being on, even if I close everything every application it's just loud for no reason. I then checked my Task Manager and I find out that for some reason 70% of my ram is just gone to nothing....
  8. Where is my ram going?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where is my ram going?: Hello, in the past week I have ran into a memory issue that I can't quite figure out. I have 8gb of ram on my computer. A program that uses about 2.8gb says it is using 54-60% depending when I check where as before this issue started occurring it was using approximately 30%....
  9. Where's the rest of my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where's the rest of my RAM?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Church_Grim [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f72wra/wheres_the_rest_of_my_ram/
  10. where do i go to find the qmail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where do i go to find the qmail app: I am new to windows 10. where do i go to find the qmail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-find-the-qmail-app/5ce306fb-027e-49c5-89d4-1df155f15b6d