Windows 10: Unable to find Windows 10 computer on the Network

Discus and support Unable to find Windows 10 computer on the Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have several computers, some with windows 10 and some with windows 7. I recently installed a windows 10 computer and I having difficulties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeraisel., Jun 27, 2019.

1. Jeraisel. Win User

Unable to find Windows 10 computer on the Network

Hello

I have several computers, some with windows 10 and some with windows 7.
    I recently installed a windows 10 computer and I having difficulties with the network, namely getting other windows 10 to discover it on the network.
    When I list the network on windows explorer from windows 7 I can see the computer, but when I list from a windows 10 I don't see it.
    When I enter the name manually on both versions of windows I can access the shared files with no problems

Here's what I've done

smb 1 off
    ipv6 deactivated
    Services:
    Function Discovery Provider Host (FDPHost)
    Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub)
    Network Connections
    Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRPSvc) ?
    Peer Networking Grouping (P2PSvc)
    Peer Networking Identity Manager (P2PIMSvc)

network discovery - x (couldn't find it)

The firewall is configured to trust my computers, mas even so I shut it down for the test.
    Snoozed the firewall too for the test

Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance

jeraisel

***Modified title from: My windows 10 computers cannot see one of my windows 10 on the network discovery, but my windows 7 computers do***

:)

Jeraisel., Jun 27, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Unable to access computers connected in Peer-to-peer connection, asking for network credentials to enter on Windows 10

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the connected computer on Peer-to Peer connection, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: Make sure that Password Protected Sharing is turned off
    on your computer and check if it helps.

Steps to follow:

• OpenControl Panel window

• Select Network and Sharing Center

• Select Advanced sharing settings

• Under Password Protected Sharing, check mark
      Turn off Password Protected Sharing

Step 2: I suggest you to disable firewall and anti-virus installed on your computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to find Windows 10 computer on the Network - Similar Threads - Unable find computer

2. Can't find computer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find computer on Network: I have 3 computers. On Network of computer 1, I found 2 others, On computer 2, I found 2 others. On computer 3, I found computer 1. I need to find computer 2 on computer 3. Tried everything: Turn on discovery on Network avanced sharing setting, Turn off Firewall and Windows...
  3. Can't find computer on Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find computer on Network: I have 3 computers. On Network of computer 1, I found 2 others, On computer 2, I found 2 others. On computer 3, I found computer 1. I need to find computer 2 on computer 3. Tried everything: Turn on discovery on Network avanced sharing setting, Turn off Firewall and Windows...
  4. Can't find computer on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot Find New Windows 10 Computer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find New Windows 10 Computer on Network: I had two computers that needed to be connected. Both had windows 7. I replaced the desktop and the new one is Windows 10. I have read so many discussions and it seems like it should be easy, but my windows 7 cannot see the 10 on the network. The 10 can see the 7. I believe I...
  6. Cannot Find New Windows 10 Computer on Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Find New Windows 10 Computer on Network: I had two computers that needed to be connected. Both had windows 7. I replaced the desktop and the new one is Windows 10. I have read so many discussions and it seems like it should be easy, but my windows 7 cannot see the 10 on the network. The 10 can see the 7. I believe I...
  7. Cannot Find New Windows 10 Computer on Network

8. Windows 10 network discovery does not find computers

Windows 10 network discovery does not find computers: I have a home network with a Desktop PC, a laptop, and an NAS disk drive all connecter by wired ethernet. The laptop and the PC both run Windows 10 and it is up to date on both. When I click on the Network line in File Explorer on the PC it shows all the connected devices in...
  9. Unable to find any WiFi network on my computer

Unable to find any WiFi network on my computer: Hello, my computer has been struggling to find any wifi network for the last 2 days. i have restarted both the computer and my router thinking it may solve the problem but it hasnt. This has only recently occured after a new windows update, please help....
  10. Unable to find network printer

Unable to find network printer: Hi, I am using Win 10 version 1803 on my desktop . My desktop is connected via LAN with my dlink router. My printer epson l4160 is connect via wifi with the router . When I am going to Add a printer option , I can't find the printer . Add a bluetooth ,wireless or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to find any computer on network