Windows 10: Unable to follow links from Microsoft Outlook

Discus and support Unable to follow links from Microsoft Outlook in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; "Operations have been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your administrator" The application-specific permission settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Audie Neal, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Unable to follow links from Microsoft Outlook

• "Operations have been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your administrator"
    • The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

How can I correct this situation?

:)

Audie Neal, Apr 7, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Outlook linked Mail problem

Hi Ramakrishna,

I realize that you are facing Outlook linked Mail problem on your phone. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the phone prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the phone?

• Are you able to forward emails from the outlook web account using a browser?

Suggest you to follow the steps under the section “Reset an unresponsive phone” from this article to check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/reset-my-phone

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Munki Win User

Unable to follow links from Microsoft Outlook

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Unable to follow links from Microsoft Outlook

1. Unable to follow links from Microsoft Outlook - Similar Threads - Unable follow links

2. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  3. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  4. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. outlook links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook links: Today my Outlook 365 would not allow any email received with links needing a browser to open, the email would say click here and it would go to Chrome and give the message below: I don't think I changed any settings, it simply says: Make sure you’ve got the right web...
  6. UNABLE TO FOLLOW LINK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNABLE TO FOLLOW LINK: I am trying to shop on the Macy's site. They have many drill down links and all return this error: Access Denied You don't have permission to access the requested URL on this server. Reference: 18.3d15e8ac.1577414981.83c8bb6en I am working on a secured WiFi network at my...
  7. Outlook 2013. Following Win10 update, can't access link in email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2013. Following Win10 update, can't access link in email: Can't click to open a link in an email. Message is 'your organisation's policies are preventing us from completing this action' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2013-following-win10-update-cant-access/07479c73-fccd-4179-9db5-f947e88087f8
  8. Unable to follow a link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to follow a link: I am trying to go to a link. I am getting the message "Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more info, please contact your help desk." This is my home computer. I have no help desk. I have not changed any settings as far as I...
  9. Microsoft Outlook prohibits me from using links from emails to websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Outlook prohibits me from using links from emails to websites: After a recent Windows 10 update, I can no longer use access links to websites or browsers direct from my Outlook email app - I use the Microsoft Office Home & Business 2013 version of Outlook. For example, this means that if I get a Facebook notification in Outlook, I...
  10. Can't Open Links from MS Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Open Links from MS Outlook: Had no problem until today. IE11 is my default browser. Get this message when I click on a link in MS Outlook: You'll Need a New App to Open this HTTPs. Look for App in The Store Any ideas? 44942