Windows 10: Unable to format CD

Discus and support Unable to format CD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to format or read a cd. The drive is recognized and said to be working properly. I uninstalled and reinstalled the CD drive. I am also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Al4Wx, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Al4Wx Win User

Unable to format CD

I am unable to format or read a cd. The drive is recognized and said to be working properly. I uninstalled and reinstalled the CD drive. I am also unable to launch troubleshooter.

:)

Al4Wx, Dec 19, 2020

2. Win 10 fails to format cd-r

Hi Clarky,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to format the CD/DVD to the right format to play the audio. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to burn the CD/DVD?
    • Are you using any third party software to burn it to audio media?
    • Are you getting any error messages/Codes?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Unable to format CD

The used CDs from this spindle can still be read, can delete & reformat them without a problem.

It is the new unused CDs from this same spindle which will not format. “Unable to complete format”.

My laptop computer is an Acer E5-575G-53VG.

I’m not comfortable modifying the registry as suggested in method #5 of your message.

Since my husband & I are both having the same problem with two different computers, we are guessing that this problem was caused by a Windows update. But we may need someone with more technical computer skills than we have
    to help us if the registry is involved.

SharonSchorr, Dec 19, 2020
  4. BobGlik Win User

Unable to format CD

unable to read UDF format CD on Vista desktop

unable to read UDF format CD on Vista desktop ?

Other CD/DVD formats OK

UDF CD properties shows 200+ MB data on disc but will not open any folder or file on disc.

I guess I need a reader of some type. Can you please suggest some basic simple alternatives to try ?

thanks

BobGlik, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Unable to format CD

1. Unable to format CD - Similar Threads - Unable format

2. unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure: few days ago we had a power outage and after that a bsod screen appeared, and still appears so i cant work with my os windows 11 for more than 2 minutes and any change i do eg delete an aplication or document does not takes any effect when the pc restarts. I ve been trying to...
  3. unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to format an ssd from bios or windows operating system failure: few days ago we had a power outage and after that a bsod screen appeared, and still appears so i cant work with my os windows 11 for more than 2 minutes and any change i do eg delete an aplication or document does not takes any effect when the pc restarts. I ve been trying to...
  4. I am unable to Format My Sd Card, Please let me know if there is any way to fix it, Thank You

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to Format My Sd Card, Please let me know if there is any way to fix it, Thank You: I have been trying to format my SD Card, but keep on failing, I tried every method from using Default Right click Format, CMD, and also tried many Format software but they all failed. It shows an weird "ISH" icon on drive.here: https://imgur.com/a/yPL8pGXHere when I format it...
  5. I am unable to Format My Sd Card, Please let me know if there is any way to fix it, Thank You

I am unable to Format My Sd Card, Please let me know if there is any way to fix it, Thank You: I have been trying to format my SD Card, but keep on failing, I tried every method from using Default Right click Format, CMD, and also tried many Format software but they all failed. It shows an weird "ISH" icon on drive.here: https://imgur.com/a/yPL8pGXHere when I format it...
  6. I am unable to Format My Sd Card, Please let me know if there is any way to fix it, Thank You

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I am suddenly unable to import photos from my camera to my laptop as the format has changed...

I am suddenly unable to import photos from my camera to my laptop as the format has changed...: I am suddenly unable to import photos from my camera to my laptop as the format has changed and it seems my laptop is not supported by windows 11. Do I have to buy new computer....
  8. I am suddenly unable to import photos from my camera to my laptop as the format has changed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am suddenly unable to import photos from my camera to my laptop as the format has changed...: I am suddenly unable to import photos from my camera to my laptop as the format has changed and it seems my laptop is not supported by windows 11. Do I have to buy new computer....
  9. I am suddenly unable to import photos from my camera to my laptop as the format has changed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.: Greetings,I have a microSD card with bitlocker that I can unlock with my password and view the files on, but I'm unable to remove the encryption or format the drive. I've tried on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, and I get similar errors. I do NOT need to recover information,...