Windows 10: Unable to format Drive

Discus and support Unable to format Drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I installed a virus containing file on my local disk E To do that i disabled windows defender also. After that my pc crashed. So i decided to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shashwantt, May 15, 2022.

1. Unable to format Drive

Hi, I installed a virus containing file on my local disk E To do that i disabled windows defender also. After that my pc crashed. So i decided to delete the application and files connected to it. But i couldn't delete them. then I tried formatting my disk but when i format the pc enters blue screen and says iqrl_not_less_or_equal. Could you please help me.

:)

Shashwantt, May 15, 2022
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 15, 2022
  3. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 15, 2022
  4. Unable to format Drive

Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10

IF windows are not able to format USB drive then apply these manual steps as follows:
    First open run command box > Now, write diskpart and hit enter > Once
    Diskpart is open > Now writing the commands, one by one.
    Command 1: List disk
    [Now, it will list Disk 0 and Disk 1 in your PC. Clearly Disk 0 is your hard disk and Disk 1 is the USB flash drive.]
    Now, write the commands given below One by One.
    Command 2: Select disk
    Command 3: clean
    Command 4: create partition primary
    Command 5: active
    Command 6: select partition 1
    Command 7: format fs=fat32
    [In the above command fat32 is chosen as a file system, if you want to choose NTFS, you can choose that as well.]
    It will take time. Do not close the window before it's completed.
    This manual steps may help you to format the drive. Thanks

SandraMcgray, May 15, 2022
Thema:

Unable to format Drive

1. Unable to format Drive - Similar Threads - Unable format Drive

2. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to format . . .: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10. I have a 256 gigabyte, USB drive. That I'm, unable to format. If you look. at the picture. I went to, disk management. It shows, the available space. But if I right click, simple volume. Nothing happens? In, the past. I had, this...
  3. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format . . .: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10. I have a 256 gigabyte, USB drive. That I'm, unable to format. If you look. at the picture. I went to, disk management. It shows, the available space. But if I right click, simple volume. Nothing happens? In, the past. I had, this...
  4. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!: Hi, I had a 5GB file which I wanted to copy in my flash drive. But my drive was formatted in FAT32 system, so I tried to format it as NTFS. But from then it shows that Windows was unable to complete the format. I tried formatting using different computers and even...
  6. Unable to format USB Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to format USB Drive: When i am trying to format the usb drive it shows me windows was unable to format the drive . I tried all methods but it not working.Also happens in copy and paste also.When i am trying to copy a file pc to usb drive it shows me"Destination folder access Denied". I am the...
  7. Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10

Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10: I am unable to format USB drive in Windows 10. Even when I tried copy paste few files from local drive, it is asking me admin permission. I tried same thing in other laptop having windows 7 and it works fine. In laptop having windows 10, I tried all possible ways which...
  8. Unable to format drive

Unable to format drive: Hello ! I need urgent help. I have a 960gb ssd from Corsair. I installed Dual Boot on it, 2 Windows 10 Pro For Workstations accounts. On one of the Windows accounts, I used Bitlocker to Encrypt 3 Partitions, including the one with Windows installed. This Part that had...
  9. USB drive is write protected; unable to format

USB drive is write protected; unable to format: I had a USB pendrive with some data in it. I accidently plugged out my pendrive while the files within it were being deleted. Ever since then, my pendrive has got write protected. It even stopped showing the storage capacity in the Windows Explorer. I checked the details of...
  10. Unable to format a drive

Unable to format a drive: I have 3 drives on my computer: My windows drive (SSD) on C: My Gaming drive (HDD) on D: My Extra space drive (HDD) on E: I can not format E: Here is my Disc management: [img] I have tried opening an Admin Command Prompt and typing: BCDBOOT C:\WINDOWS /s C:...