Windows 10: Unable to format in the past

Discus and support Unable to format in the past in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; exact instructions on transferring half of my D drive to my C drive - for formatting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, May 5, 2021.

1. Unable to format in the past

exact instructions on transferring half of my D drive to my C drive - for formatting

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, May 5, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 5, 2021
  3. JATownes Win User
    Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, May 5, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

Unable to format in the past

Memory card unable to format

Hello,

The error that you are getting might be caused by disk write protection. We suggest following the steps below to help with your concern:

• Type This PC in Cortana search box then press
      Enter.
    • On the pop-up window, right click on This PC.
    • Click on Manage.
    • Choose Disk Management on the left pane to open Windows Disk Management.
    • Select the Micro SD card, USB or flash drive that you need to format.
    • Right click and click Format.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Unable to format in the past

1. Unable to format in the past - Similar Threads - Unable format past

2. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to format . . .: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10. I have a 256 gigabyte, USB drive. That I'm, unable to format. If you look. at the picture. I went to, disk management. It shows, the available space. But if I right click, simple volume. Nothing happens? In, the past. I had, this...
  3. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format . . .: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10. I have a 256 gigabyte, USB drive. That I'm, unable to format. If you look. at the picture. I went to, disk management. It shows, the available space. But if I right click, simple volume. Nothing happens? In, the past. I had, this...
  4. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to format HDD

Unable to format HDD: My HDD's model number is ST1000LM035.Using Disk Drill I found out it has a bad sector so I tried to format it using Windows Explorer but was unable format it.I then tried using CMD chkdsk but it says it can't format RAW disk so I need some software to format, it's okay if...
  6. Unable to format Fat32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to format Fat32: As the subject header eays, I'm unable to format to FAT32.The only choices I have are NTFS & exFAT.Has Microsoft removed the choice to format in FAT16/32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-format-fat32/22183b77-8591-4731-88da-8c0570ba3f1e
  7. cannot copy paste WITH formatting

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot copy paste WITH formatting: Hi, my computer used to copy and paste with formatting just fine. For a few weeks now it cannot copy and paste with formatting. I've tried ctrl + C and ctrl + V, but it doesn't work. I've also tried just using right clicks on the mouse and it does not work. This is not...
  8. Paste without formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paste without formatting: In Thunderbird, I can CTRL-SHIFT-V and it will paste the text in my clipboard into a message without formatting. How to do this in Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-without-formatting/68e2e466-6faf-4d41-83cf-077e19176b17
  9. Unable to copy and paste

Unable to copy and paste: I am unable to copy and paste. Whenever I attempt to paste something after I copy it (whether right clicking and selecting copy in any app or windows explorer) or control+C, I paste the following:...
  10. sentence format in cut and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    sentence format in cut and paste: When pasting from nonword doc to word doc the sentence tabs default to cut doc meaning I have to adjust each sentence. I know there must be a way to reformat entire paste text so sentence tabs are same as my MS word defaults but I can't find it. Please help me before I jump...