Windows 10: Unable to format unallocated disk space

Discus and support Unable to format unallocated disk space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I swapped out my hard drive to an SSD and cloned the drive. The initial drive was 500Gb and the new SSD has 1Tb capacity.Everything went well, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DamienNolan, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Unable to format unallocated disk space

I swapped out my hard drive to an SSD and cloned the drive. The initial drive was 500Gb and the new SSD has 1Tb capacity.Everything went well, however I cannot format 500Gb of un allocated space. I receive the following error message. How can I format unallocated space and format same.

Many thanks in advance

Unable to format unallocated disk space 1e3c4d62-347d-4e44-9bc2-531defe9329d?upload=true.jpg

:)

DamienNolan, Jun 27, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 27, 2019
  3. UserTen Win User
    Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition

Okay...thanks. Will look at it tomorrow. FYI, I figured out how to get that unformatted G partition back into D.

In Disk Management, I right clicked G and selected "Delete Volume." That rendered the partition as unallocated. I was then able to extend D with that space.

Thanks again for all of the help!

Unable to format unallocated disk space [​IMG]

UserTen, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Unable to format unallocated disk space

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CUnable to format unallocated disk space :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to format unallocated disk space

1. Unable to format unallocated disk space - Similar Threads - Unable format unallocated

2. The disk space is showing unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The disk space is showing unallocated space.: While i was checking it is showing 5 mb unallocated is this right .i have 1 tb hdd is it good to show 931 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-disk-space-is-showing-unallocated-space/82fc8895-87f0-4ea5-bcd6-a761f8b71540
  3. The disk space is showing unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The disk space is showing unallocated space.: While i was checking it is showing 5 mb unallocated is this right .i have 1 tb hdd is it good to show 931 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-disk-space-is-showing-unallocated-space/82fc8895-87f0-4ea5-bcd6-a761f8b71540
  4. The disk space is showing unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to do anything with an unallocated space on hard disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to do anything with an unallocated space on hard disk.: I have 139.63 GB of unallocated space on my disk that I am not able to create a new volume or even convert it from dynamic to basic. When I try to create a new simple volume an error message is shown that there is not enough space available on the disk. The same error happens...
  6. Unable to do anything with an unallocated space on hard disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to do anything with an unallocated space on hard disk.: I have 139.63 GB of unallocated space on my disk that I am not able to create a new volume or even convert it from dynamic to basic. When I try to create a new simple volume an error message is shown that there is not enough space available on the disk. The same error happens...
  7. Unable to do anything with an unallocated space on hard disk.

8. Unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated disk space: [ATTACH] After installing Windows 10 Pro for the first time I notice that I'm missing disk D. I tried ''New Simple Volume'' on unallocated disk but doesn't work. I would appreciate your help. Thanks!...
  9. Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space

Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space: i installed ubuntu with windows like in a dual boot setup after sometime i didn't required it so i deleted ubuntu and removed the dual boot... now when i try to reclaim the partition of around 45 GB to be used for ubuntu i am neither able to merge it with my main data drive...
  10. Unallocated Disk Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Disk Space: I recently bought a small laptop to do admin work while out-of-town. The computer came in with a 100 MB partition allocated to Recovery. That didn't leave me enough room for a Windows upgrade. There was nothing in the partition so I created an external Recovery, deleted the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unallocated partition but not formatting

2. free space unable to format

3. does synology format unallocated diskspacve?

4. unable to format unallocated partition windows 10,
  5. unable to format unallocated partition