Windows 10: Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to format USB drive in Windows 10. Even when I tried copy paste few files from local drive, it is asking me admin permission. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harsh_1, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Harsh_1 Win User

Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10

I am unable to format USB drive in Windows 10.

Even when I tried copy paste few files from local drive, it is asking me admin permission.

I tried same thing in other laptop having windows 7 and it works fine.

In laptop having windows 10, I tried all possible ways which are by default available in windows to format USB drive but none of them working.

Unlike in Windows 7.

Can somebody suggest how to format USB drive in windows 10?

:)

Harsh_1, Jun 28, 2020
  2. mikel33 Win User

USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, Jun 28, 2020
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

4. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Unable to format USB flash drive!

I just got Moserbaer 2GB USB pen drive from my friend. Problem is whenever I plug the drive in, it Windows asks me to format every time. When plugged in, it creates another drive as CD drive with 3MB of filled space *Eek! Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10 :eek: . I tried to eject that drive first before formating the main flash area, but nothing changed *Bang Head :banghead: . I've tried several formating tools including the one from HP. I tried Zero level formating but with negative results *Mad Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10 :mad: . Now the drive is nothing but a part of a Keychain *Oh Well Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10 :eek:hwell: , Please help *Confused Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10 :confused: .

Thema:

1. Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable format USB

2. Unable to format Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to format Drive: Hi, I installed a virus containing file on my local disk E To do that i disabled windows defender also. After that my pc crashed. So i decided to delete the application and files connected to it. But i couldn't delete them. then I tried formatting my disk but when i format...
  3. Can’t format USB Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t format USB Drive in Windows 10: USB Drives are notorious for being vulnerable to viruses and malware as it is constantly plugged into different computers. So, because of this, we may need to format the drive more often than not, but what if you are not able to do that? In this article, we are going to see...
  4. Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!: Hi, I had a 5GB file which I wanted to copy in my flash drive. But my drive was formatted in FAT32 system, so I tried to format it as NTFS. But from then it shows that Windows was unable to complete the format. I tried formatting using different computers and even...
  5. Unable to format USB Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to format USB Drive: When i am trying to format the usb drive it shows me windows was unable to format the drive . I tried all methods but it not working.Also happens in copy and paste also.When i am trying to copy a file pc to usb drive it shows me"Destination folder access Denied". I am the...
  6. Unable to format drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to format drive: Hello ! I need urgent help. I have a 960gb ssd from Corsair. I installed Dual Boot on it, 2 Windows 10 Pro For Workstations accounts. On one of the Windows accounts, I used Bitlocker to Encrypt 3 Partitions, including the one with Windows installed. This Part that had...
  7. Formatted USB Drive

Formatted USB Drive: I accidentally formatted a pen drive and was wondering is there any way that I can recover data & files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatted-usb-drive/9646d9c8-a251-44d1-8b1a-4b4132c5e0c1"
  8. USB drive is write protected; unable to format

USB drive is write protected; unable to format: I had a USB pendrive with some data in it. I accidently plugged out my pendrive while the files within it were being deleted. Ever since then, my pendrive has got write protected. It even stopped showing the storage capacity in the Windows Explorer. I checked the details of...
  9. Formating USB drive

Formating USB drive: How can I format a USB memory to 2048 Byte size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-usb-drive/cb81e9aa-877a-4513-a175-81afae642744
  10. Unable to format a drive

Unable to format a drive: I have 3 drives on my computer: My windows drive (SSD) on C: My Gaming drive (HDD) on D: My Extra space drive (HDD) on E: I can not format E: Here is my Disc management: [img] I have tried opening an Admin Command Prompt and typing: BCDBOOT C:\WINDOWS /s C:...