Windows 10: unable to free disk space after borked app install

Discus and support unable to free disk space after borked app install in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi i recently attempted an install of an app from the microsoft store Forza motorsport 4. But the download failed and cancelled half way. I attempted... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by geddesk2001, Jan 11, 2021.

1. unable to free disk space after borked app install

Hi i recently attempted an install of an app from the microsoft store Forza motorsport 4. But the download failed and cancelled half way.

I attempted a fresh install but was unable to as the partially downloaded app was taking up the disk space on my drive.

I am unable to remove the files as i dont have permissions.

I am unable to alter the ownership of the file to grant access either please help

Thanks

:)

geddesk2001, Jan 11, 2021
  2. devo Win User

Unable to access disk space in Windows

I have installed Windows 10 in external HDD for my Mac Book and here is the steps followed.

When I installed windows in bootcamp, I have selected only 30GB space and restored to external 1TB hard disk. Now unable to access the remaining space in Windows. Now how to get that space for use?

unable to free disk space after borked app install w0LEJ.png

3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Jan 11, 2021
  4. unable to free disk space after borked app install

Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

unable to free disk space after borked app install

1. unable to free disk space after borked app install - Similar Threads - unable free disk

2. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  3. Unable to free-up disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to free-up disk space: I have an HP laptop with a 128GB hard drive. It has 118 GB of space that is usable. I have backed up my Samsung SSD to an external drive and then deleted a large number of files and folders, but it is not freeing up any disk space. I have emptied the recycle bin. Other users...
  4. Unable to free-up disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to free-up disk space: I have an HP laptop with a 128GB hard drive. It has 118 GB of space that is usable. I have backed up my Samsung SSD to an external drive and then deleted a large number of files and folders, but it is not freeing up any disk space. I have emptied the recycle bin. Other users...
  5. unable to free space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to free space: unable to free up some spaces https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-free-space/6c1dd8f7-b6d5-4faf-9803-97425e738451
  6. Freeing Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Freeing Disk Space: I originally had Windows XP on my laptop but updated to Windows 10 awhile ago (and am getting current updates). Can I remove Windows XP from my laptop or will that affect how Windows 10 operates?...
  7. Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space: I'm running Windows 10 on a Bootcamp'd MacBook Pro with 256G of SSD of which about 135G is allocated to the Windows partition (according to Properties in Explorer). It is running low on available space (4.06GB available) and Windows updates cannot be installed. Tried Disk...
  8. Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space: I'm running Windows 10 on a Bootcamp'd MacBook Pro with 256G of SSD of which about 135G is allocated to the Windows partition (according to Properties in Explorer). It is running low on available space (4.06GB available) and Windows updates cannot be installed. Tried Disk...
  9. Disk Space - Free Space fluctuates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Space - Free Space fluctuates: I have a 1TB SSD divided into three partitions. "C" is the Windows partition while D & E are for games and general storage. The amount of available on C seems to fluctuate for no apparent reason. A week ago I had 37GB free and now have 27GB free. Yes Windows installs...
  10. Free Space fluctuates - Disk Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Free Space fluctuates - Disk Space: I have a 1TB SSD divided into three partitions. "C" is the Windows partition while D & E are for games and general storage. The amount of available on C seems to fluctuate for no apparent reason. A week ago I had 37GB free and now have 27GB free. Yes Windows installs...