Windows 10: Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders

Discus and support Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently had a motherboard failure so I added my second disc from that machine to my new one. In that old machine I specified that those folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GlennArmitage, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders

I recently had a motherboard failure so I added my second disc from that machine to my new one. In that old machine I specified that those folders Music, Pictures and Videos would be stored on that second drive, hoping in the event of a SSD failure, all those files would be safe. Unfortunately, when I try to access those three folders in my new laptop, I receive a message that I do not have permissions. The Documents and Downloads folders are fine. I take it as far as I can go but It won't grant me access. Is there a way to access those folders? They show as being empty when I check their properties.

:)

GlennArmitage, Mar 12, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

None of the folders (Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures) is pinned to Quick Access, yet searching finds contents in all of them except Pictures.

4. Steve C Win User

Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders

What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos"

You can't redirect the shortcut links which is the subject of the post

Steve C, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders

1. Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders - Similar Threads - Unable gain access

2. Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders: I used to have links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, and Pictures folders on the left. Suddenly, they were gone. This may have happened after a recent update.Now, to access those folders I navigate to Users folder and then to the folder with my username. This is...
  3. Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders: I used to have links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, and Pictures folders on the left. Suddenly, they were gone. This may have happened after a recent update.Now, to access those folders I navigate to Users folder and then to the folder with my username. This is...
  4. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  5. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  6. Unable to work with Pictures, Documents, Videos and Music folders, unable to use Game Bar,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to work with Pictures, Documents, Videos and Music folders, unable to use Game Bar,...: I can't create any new files nor delete existing ones in the Pictures, Documents, Music and Videos folders. Trying to do so gives an error:-Could not find this item.This is no longer located in C:\Users\{Username}. Verify the item's location and try again.I can open existing...
  7. Can't access My Pictures, Videos, Music

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access My Pictures, Videos, Music: Hi, I have been unable to access my pictures since I moved my files to a my new computer. [img] [img] Same result trying from C:\Users\Me [img] I don't see any other way to access those folders. There are new Picture, Video and Music folders but they only show up in...
  8. Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared

Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared: I was trying to move my folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" from C drive to D drive, somehow I merged them by mistake and now none of them is visible. I tried to recover them but all I did failed. What can I do?...
  9. All content of My documents Pictures Music and Videos just disappeared.

All content of My documents Pictures Music and Videos just disappeared.: It just happened. Not even after updates. The same problem people have been having for years as I read forums. No solution that would work for me. Boy what an unreliable windows. What do I do? And yes I tried Hidden files....
  10. Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?: For those of us finally fed up with the colossal mess applications have made of them (particularly “Documents”). And also for those of us still with just the “C:\” drive to work with. I’ve long heard that it’s simply not viable to use a new “Local Disc C:\” folder for such...