Windows 10: Unable to gain Administration rights

Discus and support Unable to gain Administration rights in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Seem since 1909 upgrade I am no longer able to change file defaults ,open Device Manager, Computer Management or add Administration rights to any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamKirkpatrick, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Unable to gain Administration rights

Seem since 1909 upgrade I am no longer able to change file defaults ,open Device Manager, Computer Management or add Administration rights to any search.

Is there a fix?

:)

WilliamKirkpatrick, Dec 6, 2019

2. I can't gain access through the administrator.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• Is there any other user account? If yes, is that an admin account?

If not, I suggest you to enable the Built-in Administrator Account
    and then try to create a new user account with administrator privileges.

Follow the steps to enable the Built-in Administrator Account.

Steps to Enable the Built-in Administrator Account.

• a) Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • b) Type net user administrator /active:yes
    • c) Close the elevated command prompt.
    • d) The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • e) Restart the system.

Then enter into the administrator account. And try to create new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Once you create the new administrator user account try to disable
    Built-in Administrator Account.

Steps to disable the Built-in Administrator Account.

• a) Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • b) Type net user administrator /active:no
    • c) Close the elevated command prompt.
    • d) The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • e) Restart the system.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 6, 2019
  3. MAG21212 Win User
    How can I gain administrator rights in Windows 10?

I need Administrator rights to run some maintenance commands but can't seem to gain the right access. I'm the only user.

MAG21212, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Skyfine Win User

Unable to gain Administration rights

Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges

It is my son's computer. He is the administrator so he can log in. However the programs do not run and there is no access to any folders. When using command prompt it gives a system 5 error. It does not seem to recognize him as the administrator anymore even though in settings he is listed as the administrator. I am unable to use an elevated command prompt because access to this is denied.

Skyfine, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Unable to gain Administration rights

1. Unable to gain Administration rights - Similar Threads - Unable gain Administration

2. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc: if i want to delete or save a file in a folder i am told that i need to contact the administrator for this how do i get admin rights on my own pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-gain-admin-rights-or-run-as/42f606d7-764a-4118-9a39-c773b68ae014
  3. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc: if i want to delete or save a file in a folder i am told that i need to contact the administrator for this how do i get admin rights on my own pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-gain-admin-rights-or-run-as/42f606d7-764a-4118-9a39-c773b68ae014
  4. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. administrative rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrative rights: I am trying to unzip a tar file and it says access denied, I need administrator rights. I am the administrator. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-rights/dd9a5a3e-1eb7-4b6e-a0fb-a52c00a2c1de
  6. Not able to gain administrator rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to gain administrator rights: I typed netplwiz from cmd and disable the option of never ask username and password and as a result i have lost my rights as an administrator. i have tried all possible solution but not able to gain admin rights back.Also it shows popup box saying access is denied. Please...
  7. administrative rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrative rights: I need to obtain administrative rights on my PC. I forget how, but I made a mistake when I thought I was signing in as an Admin. Instead, I must have either locked myself out, or did something to make Admin unavailable. I was not able to remove any program or make any...
  8. Administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator rights: Why am I only allowed a local account on my Laptop and in BIOS not allowed to change anything?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/administrator-rights/102aba95-9a9b-4232-9a3b-7c9978e37e6f
  9. How can I gain administrator rights in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I gain administrator rights in Windows 10?: I need Administrator rights to run some maintenance commands but can't seem to gain the right access. I'm the only user....
  10. Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges: Windows 10 boots however access is denied on all drives. I have tried taking ownership however since access is denied I cannot do this. I can go in and look at security settings, but changing ownership is not possible. C drive usage and free is 0 however I can see the files...