Windows 10: Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop

Discus and support Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft,Please let me know when i can play games again, because after i installed windows updates, almost all games have huge FPS drops in full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mihály J.Olah, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop

Dear Microsoft,Please let me know when i can play games again, because after i installed windows updates, almost all games have huge FPS drops in full screen mode.This is a huge problem for months now. I can't play old games too like games from 2007My PC:Asus n752vx notebookIntel i7-6700HQ CPUNVidia 950M VGA12 GB RAM250GB M.2 SSDWindows 10 Home, All drivers are the latest. I tried remove updates, but didn't help, and i can't remove all, because system don't let me.Please solve this huge problem!

:)

Mihály J.Olah, Aug 18, 2021

2. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Random big fps drops in games

SOLVED IT: I have a cosmetic app to give me a nicer look to my desktop, and apparently it was the source of my closed problem. I closed it and disabled it on startup and I no longer have fps drops.

I have a huge problem, my fps randomly drops to 15-40 fps just out of nowhere. This has been happening for three months now (and I'm posting about this just now lmao) and I still don't know what's going on.

I usually play games that meet my PC specs, but most of them I play on medium settings, and I don't believe that it's graphics or world rendering causing this because the fps drops even if I'm standing still in games, not doing anything and nothing is happening
    around me. It can't be the components overheating because their temperatures are going up to 45°C and I just recently cleaned my PC and put a new thermal paste on the CPU. The components aren't old either, I got new CPU, motherboard and RAM card this spring,
    and I kept my GPU from last november or december.

At first, when I got new components, there were no fps drops, they started somewhere in august this year.

I searched the whole Internet and didn't find the solution to my problem.

What I tried so far was:

• disabling game DVR,
    • turning off game mode,
    • reinstalling Windows (twice),
    • doing first two again,
    • searching for driver updates (my drivers are always up-to-date, I try to update the every week),
    • uninstalling some programs I didn't need and which I thought were the issue,
    • increasing the speed of RAM.
    None of that helped, the fps drops stayed, and I'm here crying in the corner because I don't know what to do, so please help however and how much you can, thanks.

Oh, and my PC specs:

CPU - AMD FX-8350

GPU - AMD RX550

8GB RAM 1833Hz

Motherboard - BIOSTAR A960D+V3

That One KIHA, Aug 18, 2021
  4. Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop

Cs Go Huge Fps Drop and Lags

Hey i bought a new laptop just few days back and i tried many game on it. All worked fine but CSGO Lags and gives huge frame drops causing me not able to play and the fps then constantly keeps decreasing causing the game to be not worth playing.

Intel 7700Hq

GTX 1060

16GB ram

NaitikGupta, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop

1. Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop - Similar Threads - Unable gaming update

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  5. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  6. fps drops after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fps drops after update: Hello! I mainly play csgo. It used to run in 60 fps. Yesterday, there was a small update. After the update, the fps keeps dropping to 5-15 constantly. I tried to revert that update but I couldn't because windows will only allow me to revert versions and I can't do that...
  7. Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004: Had an upgrade to 2004 yesterday, opened up a game and found out the FPS dropped a lot, Deleted Windows.old because i didn't have much disk space left. Anyway to rollback to 1909 without reinstalling the whole system or just recover its file. Specs: i5-5200u GeForce 940M...
  8. Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update: Hello. I'm not sure if its the right place to ask so sorry in advance. After recently updating my NVIDIA Drivers to the newest version i have experienced a huge fps drop in all games. Note that i also updated windows the same day so that may be the cause as well, it wasnt...
  9. FPS DROPS AND TEARING AFTER THE UPDATE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FPS DROPS AND TEARING AFTER THE UPDATE: So i finally did that update that was popping up the whole time and ever since i have been getting fps drops in games like rocket league and cs how do i fix that and if that cant happen how do i go back to the previous version of the windows submitted by /u/DGodSpeed...
  10. Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 because there are a handful of upcoming games that I am interested in that are only available from the Windows store (Gears of War, Killer Instinct, and Quantum Break), and I also want to take advantage of dx12 when games start to utilize it....