Windows 10: Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HelloCouple of days ago I decided to go and try to create a dual boot setup Windows 10 + Ubuntu for my PC for work purposes. For some unknown reason, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JuhaniSalama, May 23, 2021.

1. Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10

HelloCouple of days ago I decided to go and try to create a dual boot setup Windows 10 + Ubuntu for my PC for work purposes. For some unknown reason, I could notinstall Ubuntu, but it would always crash during install giving a variety of errors. During this process, which took an entire day, I however managed to

:)

JuhaniSalama, May 23, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 23, 2021
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 23, 2021
  4. Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10

1. Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable clean fully

2. Unable To Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable To Clean Install: pretty sure my computer is remote access hacked and I cant clean install , I have most permissions except the important ones such as deleting specific system 32 folders and more , I tried to clean install and it just goes back to the same setup I have now , there is a ton of...
  3. fully clean drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fully clean drive: After doing a "fully clean drive" in resetting pc, my sign in screen and name are still displayed. Why wasn't that removed, "cleaned " as well? Is it a hardware or software issue?...
  4. Cleaning Windows Fully

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cleaning Windows Fully: step on how to clean windows cache trash files etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cleaning-windows-fully/09e5d65b-1516-402e-bd2a-ea4693bc73ff
  5. Unable to clean install windows 10?

Unable to clean install windows 10?: I'll start from the beginning. I just built my computer, and i used 2 hard drives, one fresh, and one from my old computer with windows 8.1. I decided to upgrade to windows 10, but when i did so i had extreme issues with my computer Blue screen of death, start menu...
  6. Windows 10 restore - Fully clean drive

Windows 10 restore - Fully clean drive: How long should Windows 10 restore with "fully clean drive" option take? After I chose to proceed, the message "Preperation of Windows - Do not turn off your computer" appeared, as well as the loading icon. And it has been showing this for more than a hour. I have an HP...
  7. Lost Bluetooth functionality with "clean install" of Windows 10

Lost Bluetooth functionality with "clean install" of Windows 10: I installed Win10 with the “Windows 10 installation media” DVD over the top of Win8.1, deleting all the partitions (as now there were 5 partitions) and made a "clean install" of Windows10 into the resulting "Drive 0 Unallocated Space". This wiped some hardware drivers, at...
  8. Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install

Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install: Because my PC has many issues I want to do a clean install. However, I am having the following issue. When I go to start the install to my PC C drive, I get this error message. "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table, Windows...
  9. Fully clean the drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fully clean the drive: I've been fully cleaning the drive for about 12 hours now and it's been stuck at the same percentage for ages as I left it over night is there anyway I can check to speed up the process or check if it's not even working anymore thanks...
  10. Sleep Mode not fully functional after Windows 10 AU install.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode not fully functional after Windows 10 AU install.: I've just updated my one-year-old 64-bit (Gigabyte board / Intel i5 processor) Windows 10 system with the Anniversary Update. Everything seems to work OK (fortunately) apart from the Sleep Mode. I have an SSD for the Windows system disk / programs and a HDD for data storage....