Windows 10: Unable to get a user name/ Password prompt in Windows 10 Build 18362.

Discus and support Unable to get a user name/ Password prompt in Windows 10 Build 18362. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Suddenly found that I can't logon to Windows unless I force the computer to boot in safe mode. Nothing has changed unless a Windows download fix... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MichaelShon, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Unable to get a user name/ Password prompt in Windows 10 Build 18362.

Suddenly found that I can't logon to Windows unless I force the computer to boot in safe mode. Nothing has changed unless a Windows download fix changed something. The computer works fine in Safe Mode.

What next?

:)

MichaelShon, Jul 22, 2019

2. user name and password prompt

Hello David,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK
    • What application are you using to access your emails (Outlook Desktop app, Mail app, Outlook Web app, etc.)?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting? It would be best if you can send me a screenshot of the issue.

If you're using Outlook Desktop app (Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010), I'd recommend checking the workaround in this
    article
    to troubleshoot the said issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Forgot Windows 10 password...

For future reference, there have been reports that this was patched out several weeks back. I found an alternative method doing some registry diving.
    http://winaero.com/blog/reset-windows-10-password-without-using-third-party-tools/

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Unable to get a user name/ Password prompt in Windows 10 Build 18362.

how to delete user password?

Hi Susilo,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the accounts are local account or Microsoft account. Are you trying to remove the login password?

If you are trying to remove the login password, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key + R to open command prompt, and type "netplwiz"
    • Uncheck "user must enter user name and password to use this computer", then click "ok"
    • Enter your user name and password, then click "ok"
    • Restart your computer.
    I would like to inform you that it is recommended to activate the password for security reasons.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Unable to get a user name/ Password prompt in Windows 10 Build 18362.

1. Unable to get a user name/ Password prompt in Windows 10 Build 18362. - Similar Threads - Unable user name

2. Getting out of Domain User name and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting out of Domain User name and password: help get out of this domain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-out-of-domain-user-name-and-password/29757168-0b8f-4736-99f0-0a92f90210a1
  3. Getting out of Domain User name and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting out of Domain User name and password: help get out of this domain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-out-of-domain-user-name-and-password/29757168-0b8f-4736-99f0-0a92f90210a1
  4. Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed: Hi Experts, I have Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed. Windows 10 Version 20H2 appears in my updates to download and install. My concern is should I not first install Windows Version 1909 Final first and then May 2020 before I install 20H2? Regards...
  5. passwords and user names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    passwords and user names: Irrespective of using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome I need to sign in all programs from scratch, plugging in the user name and password, every time I turn on the computer or even sometimes when I just go out of a program and back in. This is true for all programs, eg....
  6. unable to open com port -- Windows 10, build 18362

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to open com port -- Windows 10, build 18362: I am unable to access or create new com port since replacing defective motherboard. Same install of OS as before. Activated with MS permission. According to the guide for my device that is computer controlled, upon plugging in the USB cable (from the powered device), the...
  7. Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working: Symptom: ‘Sound’ reports Speakers Not Plugged In. Speakers and Headphones are greyed out. The only available items for Playback are ‘Digital Audio (S/PDIF)’ Hardware: Gigabyte MB X58-USB3, home built around 2013 Background: PC Working fine then Windows Update took it to...
  8. User names and Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...
  9. user name and password prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    user name and password prompt: mail.comcast.net keeps asking me to enter my user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/user-name-and-password-prompt/43c75e41-bbcf-4f00-be05-711c9db8ee10
  10. windows 10 Windows Security prompts for user name and password when connecting to wireless...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 Windows Security prompts for user name and password when connecting to wireless...: this started only about a week ago. It did not do this before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-windows-security-prompts-for-user-name/0b838c6f-6d5b-4531-a83e-d7c1dc4e1ded