Windows 10: Unable to get an upgrade to Windows Pro after 3 days (4 -5 hours combined) of...

Discus and support Unable to get an upgrade to Windows Pro after 3 days (4 -5 hours combined) of... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had a Razer Blade 15 that I purchased at the start of the year (around February) from the Microsoft store, which came with a digital license for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pradeep Sekar, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Unable to get an upgrade to Windows Pro after 3 days (4 -5 hours combined) of...

I had a Razer Blade 15 that I purchased at the start of the year (around February) from the Microsoft store, which came with a digital license for Windows 10 Home. When I asked the store personal about getting it with the Windows 10 Pro instead, since it was going to be my primary work machine (as a Freelancer), I was instructed to upgrade it via the online store and said that it would be linked to MS account automatically, since the Razer machines only come with the option of Windows 10 Home.

Since then my Blade has had numerous issues with power delivery to its ports and multiple OS crashes. So I just got it replaced with a newer machine from Razer and before I handed the old machine off I called MS customer support to ask if the Windows 10 digital license is transferable and was told that If I login with my MS account, it should automatically activate the Pro version. Fast forward to the present and I'm getting mixed responses saying that it is not! and it is only transferable if I had bought the full retail version.

Honestly for somebody who spent $5000 on a Blade, buying the retail version instead of the upgrade would have been a measly difference of 1% and I would have happily bought that instead, if it had been brought to my attention then.

I'm quite disappointed at the whole support process though, because in the last 3 days, I have spent more than 4 hours in total waiting in queue and talking to different technicians each time and have been transferred around multiple times as well. Not to mention the fact that my last call ended with them saying that a supervisor would call me in 2 hours and I get an automated email late evening stating that they tried to reach me but couldn't (been having my phone with me all evening waiting for that call).

I called up Norton and Adobe with the same issue, and they were happy to reinstate my license after confirming through my online account that I've deactivated it from all my other devices!

I get that some of these policies are there to prevent users from abusing their licenses, but as a customer I would have preferred a strong NO instead of being jerked around! Seriously regretting switching from my previous Dell premium support for my old Alienware to here Unable to get an upgrade to Windows Pro after 3 days (4 -5 hours combined) of... :(

:)

Pradeep Sekar, Nov 4, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Unable to upgrade from 1703 to 1709 Windows 10 Pro/Business

1) How many user profiles are there on the computer that is being troubleshooted?
    2) Please complete any of the above steps over the weekend and post results into the thread.
    3) As the logs are viewed there may be new problems to troubleshoot.
    4) Once the computer is tuned up a basic check list will be posted.
    5) An upgrade attempt will be made after many troubleshooting steps to generate a new error code

zbook, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Windows Update keeps installing updates every 4-5 hours

Since last couple of days my Windows 10 keeps installing updates every 4-5 hours.

It asks me to "Wait for an hour / restart now" pop-up.

I've tried the Windows Update troubleshooting EXE, but it did not fix the issue. Though it applied some fixes.

Some one please suggest some resolution.

Sameer Thigale, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Unable to get an upgrade to Windows Pro after 3 days (4 -5 hours combined) of...

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Unable to get an upgrade to Windows Pro after 3 days (4 -5 hours combined) of...

1. Unable to get an upgrade to Windows Pro after 3 days (4 -5 hours combined) of... - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade Pro

2. Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.: I randomly get BSOD in few days and even few hours of keeping on my computer this issue has started most probably after a powercut but i installed new Windows just 2 days before because of the same problem it happens randomly and my system works fine for some hours like today...
  3. Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.: I randomly get BSOD in few days and even few hours of keeping on my computer this issue has started most probably after a powercut but i installed new Windows just 2 days before because of the same problem it happens randomly and my system works fine for some hours like today...
  4. my pc get slow after working for 4 to 5 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc get slow after working for 4 to 5 hours: my pc get slow after working for 4 to 5 hours my ram 32 gb 1660 ti graphics card and my processor is ryzen 7 3700x intel660p 1tb m.2 nvme ssd 1tb wd blue but af i restart my pc get back to normal...
  5. Windows 10 - 5 different BSODs in 3 days

Windows 10 - 5 different BSODs in 3 days: I have a laptop that I'm trying to fix for a friend, but after I reinstalled Windows 10 home it just keeps BSOD'ing. Windows 2004 build 19041.572 Here are 6 different BSODs almost all are unique errors: memory dumps - Google Drive I went ahead and set the min/max page file...
  6. Windows 10 - 5 different BSODs in 3 days

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - 5 different BSODs in 3 days: I have a laptop that I'm trying to fix for a friend, but after I reinstalled Windows 10 home it just keeps BSOD'ing. Windows 2004 build 19041.572 Here are 6 different BSODs almost all are unique errors: memory dumps - Google Drive I went ahead and set the min/max page file...
  7. Restart PC 3-4 times a day

Restart PC 3-4 times a day: My PC closes down and restarts 3-4 times a day. I get a code stating critical instruction corruption. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-pc-3-4-times-a-day/e361b06e-5f9f-49cf-8db8-2dd5a1cda16f
  8. 3 BSODS in 4 days please help

3 BSODS in 4 days please help: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe - May 4th PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ntoskrnl.exe May 1st DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ndis.sys May 1st This is not the first time i come here for help on my recent BSODs. Last time it was a video driver problem. I uninstalled my...
  9. Windows 10 PC Random Freezing for 1-5 minutes 3/4 times in 2-3 hours

Windows 10 PC Random Freezing for 1-5 minutes 3/4 times in 2-3 hours: Hi, I have a windows 10 PC that is suffering from random freezes, everything locks up, no response to keyboard, mouse, Ctrl/Alt/Del. It can freeze from anything from 1 to 5 or more minutes, 3 or 4 times in an evening, then 'wakes up' and works as if all fine. I believe...
  10. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD 4-5 a day

ntoskrnl.exe BSOD 4-5 a day: Hello, I've been getting around 5 daily BSOD's, ranging from PAGE_FAULT_IN NONPAGED_AREAS, to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and the most recent/common of DRIVER_CORRUPT_EXPOOL. I know my way around troubleshooting the more common problems, but this is quite out of my depth and I...