Windows 10: Unable to get Audio Service running

Discus and support Unable to get Audio Service running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sorry if my post is in the incorrect are!? I've been using windows 10 since it started and never experienced audio problems until about a month ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by simmyjiff, Jul 21, 2017.

1. simmyjiff Win User

Unable to get Audio Service running

Sorry if my post is in the incorrect are!?
    I've been using windows 10 since it started and never experienced audio problems until about a month ago, since when I have attempted every remedial notion I have found on the internet, this includes ensuring the

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    • Multimedia Class Scheduler
    • Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
    are running, troubleshooting and removing apps and things, also tried 'scannow'!
    Can somebody please help me?
    Jim.
    PS I am also Dual booting with Windows 7 and not experiencing any problems at all.

System:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Loki SDS963
    OS Win 10/7
    Asus P8Z77-V LX2
    RAM: 8GB Corsair 1600 mhz Vengeance (2x4GB)
    HD 500GB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
    OD: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB
    Sound card: On-board 7.1 Audio (RealTeck High definition Audio.
    Case: Xigmatek Asgard 382 Window
    PSU: 450W Corsair VS

:)

simmyjiff, Jul 21, 2017
  2. VidushiC Win User

Windows 10 audio problem

Audio service is unable to run on windows 10. All the updates have been installed, audio drivers are upgraded and running. Please help

VidushiC, Jul 21, 2017
  3. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

After I troubleshoot it says that i have 'one or more audio service isnt running' and that troubleshoot is unable to fix it.

Original title: Audio issues

Peter Mo 14, Jul 21, 2017
  4. Unable to get Audio Service running

Hi Jim.

Not sure if I can help but in playback devices which devices are available? Which are grayed out. (Right click on speaker in systray.) Click on playback devices.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 22, 2017
  5. TairikuOkami, Jul 22, 2017
  6. simmyjiff Win User
    Hi Ken, no can do! there is a blank space where the 'speaker' icon should be but when I pass the cursor, I receive the message 'The Audio service is not running'? tried looking for sound and devices in Control panel but the .Sound settings will not open, sounds quite catastrophic? Pretty sure I have the latest driver but have noted a post this morning, that there is a new one so I will try that, thanks both!
    Jim

simmyjiff, Jul 22, 2017
  7. simmyjiff Win User
    Re: Driver suggestion...'The best driver software for your device is already installed'

simmyjiff, Jul 22, 2017
  8. Unable to get Audio Service running

Rather than try to find the mystery cause I would suggest an in place repair / upgrade.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

While this is not supposed to impact personal data I always recommend a backup to a device off machine.

Read warnings in tutorial. This will take you to Creator's Update, just FYI.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 22, 2017
  9. simmyjiff Win User
    Hi Ken,
    To be honest, I am of the same mind? we could go round in circles for days on end, pretty sure it's something to do with 10, as it's working in 7, dual booting is also becoming a bit of a pain too! lol, I'll probably get my self a new dive and install FSX in a separate file, should be stable enough now I should think.
    Well, thanks for your time Ken, greatly appreciated!
    All the best.
    Jim

simmyjiff, Jul 22, 2017
  10. simmyjiff Win User
    Update, unable to resolve so reinstalled fresh licensed copy on to new drive.

simmyjiff, Jul 26, 2017
  11. Did that work, that is the new fresh copy?

Caledon Ken, Jul 26, 2017
  12. simmyjiff Win User
    Yup, sorry didn't mention that! must have been an update or something?

simmyjiff, Jul 26, 2017
  13. Unable to get Audio Service running

Great. Please mark your thread solved so other will find.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to get Audio Service running

1. Unable to get Audio Service running - Similar Threads - Unable Audio Service

2. Audio Service not running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Service not running: After several trouble free years with my laptop I am now getting this message. I have tried all the recommended solutions on this and other forums but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows 10 and yes, my drivers are up to date. Could this possibly be a hardware problem?...
  3. Audio Service not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Service not running: After several trouble free years with my laptop I am now getting this message. I have tried all the recommended solutions on this and other forums but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows 10 and yes, my drivers are up to date. Could this possibly be a hardware problem?...
  4. Audio Service is not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Service is not running: My speaker Icon has a red X and says that the audio service is not running. I played some audio and it worked just fine. Ran Trouble shooter and no problem was found. Checked the services and all were running as well. This is occurring after the June 8th update....
  5. audio service not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio service not running: my audio service is not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-service-not-running/d1ab9aaf-cf39-47ef-ab72-d94add37d377
  6. The Audio Service is Not Running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Audio Service is Not Running: [ATTACH] Hello, so my windows 10 is playing any audio with earphones or without them. It keeps saying the audio service is not running. I have tried a couple of tutorials from YouTube, but none of them seem to work for me....
  7. Audio service not running

Audio service not running: Hi, Since the last two days, my Audio service has stopped. My sound card is working fine, and I have tried the following actions, but they have failed: Tried uninstalling, re-installing and rolling back my audio drivers. Tried to update my audio drivers to the latest...
  8. Audio Services Not Running

Audio Services Not Running: I had audio service until ~7-10 days ago. I think that a Windows update changed the settings. I have tried EVERYTHING to restore or re-install the audio. I even tried a System Restore without success even though I disabled Defender (which blocks a System Restore). What...
  9. Audio service is not running,Unable to start Windows Audio or AudioEndpoitBuilder

Audio service is not running,Unable to start Windows Audio or AudioEndpoitBuilder: So I opened my laptop today and I noticed that there was a big red X next to the audio icon.I pressed the icon and it opened up troubleshot. It detected a problem,the problem was that one or more audio service isn't running.I closed troubleshot and went to services.I found...
  10. the audio service is not running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the audio service is not running: i have tried everything found online.... as soon as i open any type of audio i get the x. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/the-audio-service-is-not-running/3857d1fc-3c27-43b6-8f71-ebb86e83220b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to get audio after scammer took over the PC