Windows 10: unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem

Discus and support unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was updating Windows 10 it restarted then did some more then restarted again and now says unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanielCrispell, Aug 20, 2018.

1. unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem

I was updating Windows 10 it restarted then did some more then restarted again and now says unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem - turn computer off and throw away.

:)

DanielCrispell, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Nov 27, 2018
  3. unholypet Win User
    Windows 10 PC, Unable to Repair/Restore

I turned on my PC to see a blue Diagnosing, Attempting Repairs set of screens.

When I try to restore to an earlier point via the menu, it tells me it is "unable to do so." That is with and without saving the files. The next step was trying rstrui.exe via Command prompt, but it could not pull up any restore points (I am a restore fiend,
    so there should be at least 3 from the last two months, but nothing showed to option).

I tried to have it "Open windows 10," and it finally gave me this message;

Windows could not load properly, etc.

E:\\WINDOWS\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

I though putting in my old Windows 8.1 and it only kept telling me to "start Windows normally."

Followed another suggestion for Command prompt using bootrec.exe fixmbr, but the same results.

Am I going to need another computer to force this PC empty and start from scratch?

unholypet, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem

Problem with creating a restore point

There may be an issue with the registry data of system restore. This can be the reason why you're unable to create a restore point. We will checking the registry data of system restore to see if the data are correct. If not, we may need to edit its data.
    Since we may need to edit the registry, we have to back up it first so that we will have a copy of the data in case something happened to the registry data. You can back up the registry by following the steps
    here. Once you've backed up the registry, follow the steps below to check if the registry of system
    restore are correct:

• Right click the Windows logo (Start button), and then click Run.
    • In the Run textbox, type regedit.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT
    • Check f you see a folder named SystemRestore. If you cannot see it, you can create one by following these steps:
      • Right-click Windows NT, and then hover your to New.
      • Choose Key.
      • Name the new "Key" as SystemRestore.
    • If you can see the "SystemRestore" folder, click it and check if you can see the DWORD value
      DisableConfig on the right pane. If you just created the "SystemRestore" folder, follow these steps:
      • Click the folder and right-click the space on the right pane.
      • Hover you mouse to New, and then choose DWORD (32-bit) Value.
      • Name the new item as DisableConfig.
    • Right-click "DisableConfig" and select Modify.
    • Change the Value data to 1.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem

1. unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem - Similar Threads - unable restore point

2. Window restore point, Startup repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window restore point, Startup repair: I have been using, building, and fixing PCs since the late 90s. Here we are in 2023. How come we still have the same problems? I would expect by now with all these refinements over the years, that system restore points would restore the system, and start-up repair tools...
  3. Window restore point, Startup repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window restore point, Startup repair: I have been using, building, and fixing PCs since the late 90s. Here we are in 2023. How come we still have the same problems? I would expect by now with all these refinements over the years, that system restore points would restore the system, and start-up repair tools...
  4. restore from system restore point to repair cFos. Now can't repair the PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore from system restore point to repair cFos. Now can't repair the PC.: Been having some problems with a PC lately. I can probably narrow it down to an auto update and install while AFK. Problem is the update never worked because the PC didn't shutdown properly and that's because it had corrupt system files that were not noticed because of being...
  5. restore from system restore point to repair cFos. Now can't repair the PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore from system restore point to repair cFos. Now can't repair the PC.: Been having some problems with a PC lately. I can probably narrow it down to an auto update and install while AFK. Problem is the update never worked because the PC didn't shutdown properly and that's because it had corrupt system files that were not noticed because of being...
  6. restore from system restore point to repair cFos. Now can't repair the PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't get to restore point (Alt + F10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get to restore point (Alt + F10): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UNICORNDescending [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmnuew/cant_get_to_restore_point_alt_f10/
  8. restore point problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore point problem: Hi I want to create restore point but I can't. The whole of system protection is unavailable. What should I do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-problem/b9e2172c-68ed-46df-a9cc-bf852ec1857c
  9. System Restore Point Is Made Then Disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore Point Is Made Then Disappears: I can make Restore Point and recheck it but it disappears in few minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-point-is-made-then-disappears/4fb8b3cb-f79b-4959-a17a-aea01b999756
  10. Can't restore windows restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't restore windows restore point: So I need to restore my computer to a restore point that is stored in my SSD, but when I try to restore it, I get an error: system restore failed to replace the file C:\progamdata\microsoft\windows\containers\baseimages\ and then some random numbers. I can't figure out...