Windows 10: Unable to get description on the lock screen

Discus and support Unable to get description on the lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am not able to see the description on lock screen of the background picture. It does change every few days. But unlike on the surface laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Samar Sarda, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Unable to get description on the lock screen

Hi,

I am not able to see the description on lock screen of the background picture. It does change every few days. But unlike on the surface laptop or surface pro, its not showing on my surface book 2.

I went to settings-->personalisation-->lock screen ---> windows spotlight; but still no change.

Can someone please guide.

Thanks much,

***Modified title from: Windows spotlight ***

:)

Samar Sarda, Nov 14, 2019

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Unable to get description on the lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Unable to get description on the lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to get description on the lock screen

1. Unable to get description on the lock screen - Similar Threads - Unable description lock

2. Why are the photo descriptions on the lock screen appearing in different languages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are the photo descriptions on the lock screen appearing in different languages?: I have the windows spotlight feature enabled for my lock screen on both my PC and my Surface. Recently the text describing the background photo has been appearing in different languages. Yesterday on my Surface the text was in Swedish and this morning on my PC it was in Thai....
  3. Why are the photo descriptions on the lock screen appearing in different languages?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are the photo descriptions on the lock screen appearing in different languages?: I have the windows spotlight feature enabled for my lock screen on both my PC and my Surface. Recently the text describing the background photo has been appearing in different languages. Yesterday on my Surface the text was in Swedish and this morning on my PC it was in Thai....
  4. Why are the photo descriptions on the lock screen appearing in different languages?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Unable to get the lock screen to play a wallpaper slideshow

Unable to get the lock screen to play a wallpaper slideshow: I was trying to get my lock screen to have a slideshow of wallpapers, but it refuses to do so. I tried with help and support but I just can't be able to do it. Any advice? My laptop runs Windows 10 and as I said before, I tried to add a folder of pictures to the lock screen...
  6. Unable to get the lock screen to play a wallpaper slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get the lock screen to play a wallpaper slideshow: I was trying to get my lock screen to have a slideshow of wallpapers, but it refuses to do so. I tried with help and support but I just can't be able to do it. Any advice? My laptop runs Windows 10 and as I said before, I tried to add a folder of pictures to the lock screen...
  7. Unable to get the lock screen to play a wallpaper slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unable to get Weather on Lock Screen

Unable to get Weather on Lock Screen: I am unable to get weather information on Lock screen.1. Under Personalization > Lock screen > choose which apps show quick status on the lock screen > weather app selected but its greyed out.2. Under settings > System > Notifications & Actions > Show Notifications on the...
  9. Unable to log on at lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log on at lock screen: I have a new notebook/laptop (JDW). When I first started with it from new, it all went well. Used my log on password on lock screen. Went fine for a couple of days, until the notebook decided to do the v1809 update. From then all I get is "wrong password". At the bottom right...
  10. Unable to customize Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to customize Lock Screen: I was hoping I could change the image on the lock screen, but it still appears not to work - when I select a new image I just get a spinning cursor in the preview screen. Is anyone having a luck customizing the Lock Screen image, if so how do you do it? 19910

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock screen description