Windows 10: Unable to get Gmail or Calendar Windows Action Center Notifications when Chrome is Closed

Discus and support Unable to get Gmail or Calendar Windows Action Center Notifications when Chrome is Closed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How can I make this work? Tried: Continue Running Background Apps is on Action Center Notifications are on (Works with Chrome tab Open) Gmail,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MetalicSky, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Unable to get Gmail or Calendar Windows Action Center Notifications when Chrome is Closed

How can I make this work?

Tried:

• Continue Running Background Apps is on
    • Action Center Notifications are on (Works with Chrome tab Open)
    • Gmail, Calendar Notifications are on in each apps settings
    • Notification will only show if I have Gmail tab or Calendar tab open
    submitted by /u/MetalicSky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MetalicSky, Dec 3, 2019
  2. KDSFX Win User

Action Center not showing mail or calendar notifications

I have the windows 10 calendar and email apps setup but they do not show any notifications in the action center. I have the email accounts set to show notifications in the action center but when I go to the setting page from action center to select which
    apps show notifications in the action center, email and calendar are not listed? any one else have this problem or know how to fix it?

KDSFX, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Sara Agai Win User
    Missing Gmail notifications in windows 10 action center

Up until about two months ago I received Gmail notifications in the action center of Windows 10. Suddenly they disappeared.

The notification icon stays empty even when there is new mail. Google Chrome is enabled as my default mail service. Notifications are enabled. What is going wrong? Can it have something to do with POP mail and all this stuff? It is connected with Microsoft Outlook and I can see everything from Gmail there.

Sara Agai, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Unable to get Gmail or Calendar Windows Action Center Notifications when Chrome is Closed

Missing Gmail notifications in windows 10 action center

All the notifications in Widows 10 are shown in action centre only (even for old win32 apps). If there is no notification there that means that chrome is not showing desktop notifications.

Make sure Google chrome is allowed to run in background.

1. Go to Google chrome settings page. Make sure you have checked the option to allow Google chrome apps to run in background even when Chrome is closed.
    2. If you are using a laptop make sure battery saver is turned off.

If these things are set correct, Clear cookies from chrome and re-enable desktop notifications.

If you weren't asked to enable desktop notification by gmail, clear all data from chrome and try it again. The whole point is to turn that off and re enable the desktop notification. If this doesn't help you re-installing chrome may help but I am not sure. Also give the built in Mail app a try if other things fails.

Kolappan Nathan, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Unable to get Gmail or Calendar Windows Action Center Notifications when Chrome is Closed

1. Unable to get Gmail or Calendar Windows Action Center Notifications when Chrome is Closed - Similar Threads - Unable Gmail Calendar

2. Calendar and Action Center not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar and Action Center not working: Dear comunity, This problem is bothering me for a while now. Calendar is simply not working and nothing at all happens when I press the clock and date. Same is with notifications, there is a circle saying I have "x" notifications but when I press it they just go away, nothing...
  3. Calendar and Action Center not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar and Action Center not working: Dear comunity, This problem is bothering me for a while now. Calendar is simply not working and nothing at all happens when I press the clock and date. Same is with notifications, there is a circle saying I have "x" notifications but when I press it they just go away, nothing...
  4. Action Center Notifications not popping up for Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center Notifications not popping up for Chrome: I am having an issue with my users where we use a chat called freshdesk to help with our customers interact with our Customer Service professionals. Its a cloud based system that connects to our online website. The users used to be able to have the notifcation pop up and stay...
  5. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  6. not getting notifications in action center

in Windows 10 Customization
    not getting notifications in action center: Hello I have been using windows 10 for a while now and i have always got notifications but just recently at random times i will stop getting them the action center in the bottom right says that i have X amount of notifications but when i open the action center it says that i...
  7. Action Center and notifications

Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  8. Unable to see notifications in Action Center

Unable to see notifications in Action Center: Since the latest windows 10 update (version 1809), I can no longer view new notifications when I open action center though it still shows on taskbar corner that I have new notifications (but without any sound this time). I've enabled notification for every app in the settings...
  9. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968
  10. Unable to switch on apps-notifications in action center

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to switch on apps-notifications in action center: Hi, I'am unable to switch on the apps-notification switch in action center. The switch is fade out. I'am not aware if this worked before, I just run Windows 10 for 2 days 11186