Windows 10: Unable to get Hyper-V or WSL2 to work on my machine.

Discus and support Unable to get Hyper-V or WSL2 to work on my machine. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/unabatedshagie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5us0q/unable_to_get_hyperv_or_wsl2_to_work_on_my_machine/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/unabatedshagie, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Unable to get Hyper-V or WSL2 to work on my machine.

/u/unabatedshagie, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Dec 3, 2020
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Unable to get Hyper-V or WSL2 to work on my machine.

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to get Hyper-V or WSL2 to work on my machine.

1. Unable to get Hyper-V or WSL2 to work on my machine. - Similar Threads - Unable Hyper WSL2

2. "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this displayEdition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎9/‎19/‎2022OS...
  3. "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this displayEdition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎9/‎19/‎2022OS...
  4. Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled: I have a machine running a windows 11 VM with nested virtualization enabled. when enabling wsl2 features and restarting the VM sometimes "halts" in the reboot process. seemingly for no reason. other times I have a checkpoint however it works just fine.In general nested...
  5. Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled

Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled: I have a machine running a windows 11 VM with nested virtualization enabled. when enabling wsl2 features and restarting the VM sometimes "halts" in the reboot process. seemingly for no reason. other times I have a checkpoint however it works just fine.In general nested...
  6. WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation: WSl2 Windows subsystem for Linux 2 worked great until I installed Hyper-V, which I also uninstalled but WSL2 still doesn't work. Error message: "The system cannot find the specified file."How can i fix it?[moved from de-de]...
  7. WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation

WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation: WSl2 Windows subsystem for Linux 2 worked great until I installed Hyper-V, which I also uninstalled but WSL2 still doesn't work. Error message: "The system cannot find the specified file."How can i fix it?[moved from de-de]...
  8. Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine: Hello, Recently I install fresh Windows 10 Pro on my computer and now I can't use Hyper-V, WSL2 or Docker for Windows. I enabled virtualization in BIOS, enabled additional windows features but I can't run new VM in Hyper-V or convert WSL machine to WSL2. Hyper-V services...
  9. hyper V machine's stopped working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    hyper V machine's stopped working: My Windows 10 virtual machines worked fine. But today when I attempt to start the machines I get the error '(machine name)' failed to start. and '(machine name)' could not initialize. The same thing happens when I attempt to create a new virtual machine. Any thoughts on this...
  10. Manage remote Hyper-V machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Manage remote Hyper-V machine: I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup: Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine laptop with hyper-v management what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management...