Windows 10: Unable to get ipv6 address

Discus and support Unable to get ipv6 address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have problem with ipv6 connectivity.I have 2 different OS on the same machine, but only ubuntu can access ipv6. On win10, it seems that the ipv6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasYounch, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Unable to get ipv6 address

I have problem with ipv6 connectivity.I have 2 different OS on the same machine, but only ubuntu can access ipv6. On win10, it seems that the ipv6 address cannot be assigned to the OS. I can only get one fe80: gateway.

Another win10 device can get ipv6 address through the same cable.

OS version: win10 1809. Not sure whether it is because of the update.

Please advise on this why only win10 on this device has ipv6 connection problem.

Thanks.

:)

ThomasYounch, Nov 7, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

World IPv6 Launch Solidifies Global Support for New Internet Protocol

Major Internet service providers (ISPs), home networking equipment manufacturers, and web companies around the world are coming together to permanently enable IPv6 for their products and services by 6 June 2012.

Organized by the Internet Society, and building on the successful one-day World IPv6 Day event held on 8 June 2011, World IPv6 Launch represents a major milestone in the global deployment of IPv6. As the successor to the current Internet Protocol, IPv4, IPv6 is critical to the Internet’s continued growth as a platform for innovation and economic development.

Unable to get ipv6 address 169a_thm.jpg

“The fact that leading companies across several industries are making significant commitments to participate in World IPv6 Launch is yet another indication that IPv6 is no longer a lab experiment; it's here and is an important next step in the Internet’s evolution,” commented Leslie Daigle, the Internet Society’s Chief Internet Technology Officer. “And, as there are more IPv6 services, it becomes increasingly important for companies to accelerate their own deployment plans.”

ISPs participating in World IPv6 Launch will enable IPv6 for enough users so that at least 1% of their wireline residential subscribers who visit participating websites will do so using IPv6 by 6 June 2012. These ISPs have committed that IPv6 will be available automatically as the normal course of business for a significant portion of their subscribers. Committed ISPs are:
    • AT&T
    • Comcast
    • Free Telecom
    • Internode
    • KDDI
    • Time Warner Cable
    • XS4ALL
    Participating home networking equipment manufacturers will enable IPv6 by default through the range of their home router products by 6 June 2012. Committed equipment manufacturers are:
    • Cisco
    • D-Link
    Web companies participating in World IPv6 Launch will enable IPv6 on their main websites permanently beginning 6 June 2012. Inaugural participants are:
    • Facebook
    • Google
    • Microsoft Bing
    • Yahoo!
    Content delivery network providers Akamai and Limelight will be enabling their customers to join this list of participating websites by enabling IPv6 throughout their infrastructure.
    As IPv4 addresses become increasingly scarce, every segment of the industry must act quickly to accelerate full IPv6 adoption or risk increased costs and limited functionality online for Internet users everywhere. World IPv6 Launch participants are leading the way in this effort.

For more information about World IPv6 Launch, products and services covered, as well as links to useful information for users and information about how other companies may participate, visit World IPv6 Launch.

About the need for IPv6
    IPv4 has approximately four billion IP addresses (the sequence of numbers assigned to each Internet-connected device). The explosion in the number of people, devices, and web services on the Internet means that IPv4 is running out of space. IPv6, the next-generation Internet protocol which provides more than 340 trillion, trillion, trillion addresses, will connect the billions of people not connected today and will help ensure the Internet can continue its current growth rate indefinitely.

About the Internet Society
    The Internet Society is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and Chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world. For more information, see InternetSociety.org.

btarunr, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Ipv6 "No network access" Windows 10

nothing helpful I get my IPv6 from my isp MTNL but unable to use it on my windows 10. Tell me what I put in IPv6 as an address and gateway address. I get my IPv6 through DSL-2730U.

shataaxi chauhan, Nov 7, 2018
  4. wahyuhid Win User

Unable to get ipv6 address

Windows 10 can not get IPv6 address automatically?

I used to have similar problem on a Windows 10 reside inside a VM, and each time the dhcp lease expired it didn't repair to a new one, and I have to perform renew6 manually.

After checking again the date/time of the VM, it turned out differs with the DHCP server's, so after fixing the time the DHCPv6 client behaviour back to normal. Here's my suggestion:

• please make sure the node which will receive IPv6 global address via DHCPv6 has the same timezone / time with the DHCP server
    • another solution is using different method, namely Stateless Address Auto Configuration (SLAAC) with RDNSS (to obtain DNS information), but you have to install 3rd party software rdnssd_win32, since Microsoft didn't plan to implement it

Best Regards.

wahyuhid, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Unable to get ipv6 address

1. Unable to get ipv6 address - Similar Threads - Unable ipv6 address

2. How to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address: I want to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 randomly forever because i scare someone can trace me but i don't see any tool to change ip random not handmade. And 1 question : If i upgrade windows 10 to 11, can it change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address . And if they know my IPipv4 and ipv6,...
  3. How to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address: I want to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 randomly forever because i scare someone can trace me but i don't see any tool to change ip random not handmade. And 1 question : If i upgrade windows 10 to 11, can it change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address . And if they know my IPipv4 and ipv6,...
  4. How to change my IPipv4 and ipv6 address

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Configure the prioritization of IPv6 Addresses on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Configure the prioritization of IPv6 Addresses on Windows 10: Is it possible to change the prioritization of Global Unicast Addresses on Windows 10 to Unique Local Addresses? Right now, no matter what I do, there's always a v6 address at the top that's configured by the operating system. Even a manually configuration of the Network...
  6. Temporary IPv6 Address Creation and logging

Temporary IPv6 Address Creation and logging: I have seen wide differences in the way some hosts create their temporary IPv6 addresses. Some only have a few, while some have hundreds. This leads me to trying to find the answers to several questions, which so far have eluded me. I am aware that this feature can be...
  7. Windows 10 no IPv6 address on boot

Windows 10 no IPv6 address on boot: Hello everyone. I have found on my home and office ipv6 SLAAC enabled networks, Windows 10 computers frequently fails to self-configure IPv6 addresses when boot up. Toggling wifi off/on via the lower right wifi icon does not solve the problem. However, if I go into Control...
  8. Network connection settings problem IPv6 address

Network connection settings problem IPv6 address: Hi everyone, I always choose to “Obtain an IPv6 address automatically” in my network settings, but the settings often change to “Use the following IPv6 address” by itself where the IPv6 address is changed to some weird values like fdaa::1:f2 and Subnet prefix length is...
  9. How to block an IPv6 address in windows firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to block an IPv6 address in windows firewall: I have noticed some suspicious activity on my computer. My Gmail password might even have been changed I’ve not change the back, so I am very concerned. The activity seems to be coming from an iPv6 address. So, I would like to block it with windows firewall....
  10. How to find IPv6 addresses of devices on the LAN?

How to find IPv6 addresses of devices on the LAN?: When I ping another Windows device on my LAN my local Windows uses an IPv6 address. (I think I have IPv4 pings blocked by my firewalls.) A packet trace shows Windows issuing NBNS, MDNS, and LLMNR packets which seem to be from 3 different network discovery procedures. The MDNS...