Windows 10: UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES

Discus and support UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I AM GETTING THIS ERROR FOR WHILE I CHECK FOR UPDATES.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MoatassemSindhu, Sep 3, 2019.

1. UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES

UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES 115f51d4-d551-4bc4-a594-836c4f8256e2?upload=true.jpg

I AM GETTING THIS ERROR FOR WHILE I CHECK FOR UPDATES.

:)

MoatassemSindhu, Sep 3, 2019

2. Unable install monthly rollup on windows 2008r2

From july-2018 onward, we are unable to install the monthly rollup on windows 2008r2 server. July-2018 monthly rollup is the last update that was installed on the server. Tried to un install last july-2018 monthy rollup but failed. We able to install all
    other patches but not monthy rollup. We ran DISM tool, sfc /scannow, chkdsk, windows update component re registration, software distribution folder renamed, tried in safe mode, disabled all the third party service but no luck. Any one idea? provide advanced
    troubleshooter point as i have already tried all the basic troubleshoot step.

shyam prasadreddy1, Sep 3, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 3, 2019
  4. UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES

Have the monthly security update iso's been discontinued?

I'm afraid that's not what you said.

Cite:

Long story, short version:

• Most updates for Win10 are cumulative so you don't need an ISO, just make sure the most recent Cumulative Update for Win10 (e.g., KB3200970) is installed.
    • The monthly security and quality rollups (AKA Security Monthly Quality Rollups) for Win8.1 & Win7 which began in October 2016 are also cumulative so you don't need an ISO - just make sure the most recent Security Monthly Quality Rollup (e.g., KB3197874;
      KB3197868) is installed.
    • Ditto for the Security and Quality Rollups for various flavors of .NET Framework.
    • Extended Support (and updates) for Vista SP2 ends on 11 April 2017 so (apparently) MS isn't bothering with Rollups for Vista (even though Vista-specific .NET Framework rollups will be offered).

Welcome to the brave new world of Windows as a Service!

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES

1. UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES - Similar Threads - UNABLE MONTHLY UPDATES

2. Unable to get the update through Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get the update through Windows Update: I am running Windows 11 Canary on my one laptop. For the last few days, I have been unable to get the update by Windows Update.Is there another way to get updated when Windows Update doesn't work?There is no error message, nothing it just says no update. This is very...
  3. Windows monthly updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows monthly updates: Hi, my device has not been receiving Windows monthly updates for a couple of months. I am worried if the security of my device is in danger. Beside this case I cannot update any app through Microsoft Store.I will appreciate it if you help me out....
  4. Unable to update Windows 11 for months?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update Windows 11 for months?: Hello, my name is Tyler. I've been unable to upgrade to any new windows updates for multiple months now. Every time I attempt to update, it gets to about 100% and fails sometimes it doesn't even make it to 100%. "2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems...
  5. Unable to update Windows 11 for months?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update Windows 11 for months?: Hello, my name is Tyler. I've been unable to upgrade to any new windows updates for multiple months now. Every time I attempt to update, it gets to about 100% and fails sometimes it doesn't even make it to 100%. "2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems...
  6. again for this monthly update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    again for this monthly update: As expected, update has an error on my machine. Last month I was barely retrieve it by performing clean installation. I dont care about my apps since I can re install it anytime but the files needs to back up again. I dont want to perform another clean installation for this...
  7. Getting offered already installed updates for the 2nd month

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting offered already installed updates for the 2nd month: Last month I installed updates and got the same updates offered post-reboot. Event viewer shows they were successfully changed the the Installed state. I figured it was a fluke, so I waited until this month's updates. However, I get the same results. Packages move to the...
  8. Unable to update my pc for last two months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to update my pc for last two months: Well, I know I should have been here a bit sooner, but anyway. Two months ago, I was turning off my mid-spec notebook and updates started running, I let them run and have gone brush my teeth meanwhile... I get back....pc turned off....head to bed. Next day when I launch my...
  9. Unable to get updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to get updates: Split from this thread. WHY SENCE UPDATE NEW WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP NOT THE SAME ?????REALLY NEED HELP CANT BLUETOOTH CANT GET CERTAIN SITES UPDATES WHEN WANTS TOO.>>>WHATS WRONG WITH THIS UPDATE YOU HIGHLY RECOMENNDED?????...
  10. Months worth of updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Months worth of updates?: I just received a lenovo laptop from a friend, they stopped using the laptop about three years ago. It was running really slow and I realized it was 39 months behind on windows updates. I got it to 37 months and it runs much better but it took hours to update it to each one....