Windows 10: Unable to get on Facebook

Discus and support Unable to get on Facebook in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m unable to get on facebook using two browsers: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. I receive an error in TLS/SSL setting. But I ticked these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonyellFulgham, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Unable to get on Facebook

I’m unable to get on facebook using two browsers: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. I receive an error in TLS/SSL setting. But I ticked these boxes in the settings

:)

DonyellFulgham, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Mark_W. Win User

facebook

Hello narendrapatel1980:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having using Facebook chat on your phone. We may need more information regarding exactly what you are seeing, what is working with Facebook and what is not working. Below you will find a couple
    troubleshooting steps for Facebook issues, we hope they will help.

The first thing we suggest you do when a Facebook account is not working as it should is to remove the Facebook account from your phone. After you have removed the Facebook account from your phone, uninstall the Facebook application, if currently installed.
    Once you have deleted the account from your emails + accounts settings we suggest you unlink the Microsoft account and Facebook account and then relink them. You can manage this from
    http://accounts.live.com. Once you are signed in here go to
    permissions > manage other accounts > edit > remove this connection completely. At this point I would suggest you sign out of this site and then sign back into the account and relink the Microsoft account and the Facebook account.

Once you have completed the above steps, go to the phone and tap settings > applications > Internet Explorer > delete history > restart the phone. After the phone reboots, add your Facebook account back to the phone and reinstall the
    Facebook application. Go to the messaging application to see if you are able to start a Facebook chat.

If you continue to have issues please provide the following details:

• Do you receive any error messages or codes?
    • Do you see your friends listed? Are they showing as Offline?
    • Do you see anything different when viewing your Facebook friends via the application?
    • What country are you located?
    • What is the current OS version running on your phone, tap settings > about > more info.?
    Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jun 8, 2019
  3. VivekRai Win User
    My Facebook Chat remains offline

• My facebook and google contacts remains offline in my phone instead of a good internet connection and the settings switched to available and recommended one.

I have already tried most of the suggestions posted in the community related to the very problem, but unfortunately none of them are working.
    • I am also unable to switch my facebook chat in live messenger to online; however the problem is not with the Google chat in the live id.

I can switch my Google chat to online and offline as many times I want, but can't do the same with my Facebook chat.
    • kindly give me a working suggestion.

VivekRai, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Sheena M. Win User

Unable to get on Facebook

Facebook Tiles and Toast

Hi TimmyHampton,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Please try the following steps:

[*]Force the phone to sync with Facebook and your Microsoft account (formerly known as Windows Live ID):

• On your phone, go to Start, flick left to App list, tap Settings

Collapse this imageExpand this image

Unable to get on Facebook 2597391.png

, and then tap Email+accounts.
    • Tap and hold Facebook and tap Sync.

[*]Make sure your Microsoft account / Windows Live account has Facebook as a "connected service."
    • On your computer, go tohttp://profile.live.com/services?view=manage,
      and sign in to the Microsoft account (formerly known as Windows Live ID) that you use on the phone.
    • If this is your first time connecting Facebook to your Microsoft account, follow these steps:
      • Click Manage your accounts.
      • Click Facebook from a screen that displays other social network services.
      • In the list of check boxes, make sure that you select See my Facebook friends and their updates in Messenger, and
        Chat with my Facebook friends in Messenger.
      • Click Connect with Facebook.
      • From the pop-up window, click Allow.
    • If your Microsoft account is already connected to Facebook but you want to edit your settings:
      • From the Your connected Services page, click Edit Facebook settings.
      • In the list of check boxes, make sure to select See my Facebook friends and their updates
        and Chat with Facebook friends.
      • Click Save.

If the issue persists after trying the above steps, then I suggest that you perform a hard reset of your phone. Please create a backup of your phone first so that you can easily restore your phone after. Here are instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480

After the hard reset, add your Facebook account again and see if you receive the push notifications.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Sheena M., Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Unable to get on Facebook

1. Unable to get on Facebook - Similar Threads - Unable Facebook

2. Error Code 0x80073CF3 Unable to install Facebook App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x80073CF3 Unable to install Facebook App: I keep getting this error code 0x80073CF3 trying to install Facebook from Microsoft store. I can add any other app. Just installed Messenger. I have done all updates new ASUS laptop w/Windows 11 Pro and also did that wsreset and still only having an issue with Facebook. Help...
  3. Error Code 0x80073CF3 Unable to install Facebook App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80073CF3 Unable to install Facebook App: I keep getting this error code 0x80073CF3 trying to install Facebook from Microsoft store. I can add any other app. Just installed Messenger. I have done all updates new ASUS laptop w/Windows 11 Pro and also did that wsreset and still only having an issue with Facebook. Help...
  4. I am unable to login into my facebook sign in screen. Can you help?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am unable to login into my facebook sign in screen. Can you help?: Recently on my desktop computer, I tried to reset my Facebook password code so that I could log into my Facebook page. Facebook than prompts me to have a reset code sent to my email address. Well, no email ever arrives. I've tried numerous times but have been unsuccessful...
  5. Unable to login to Facebook through windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to login to Facebook through windows 10: i receive a page can not be reached display when trying to reach facebook , what the solution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-to-facebook-through-windows-10/51e7c8d7-1ae6-4bda-a4f7-98d8fd71835b
  6. unable to upload video on facebook page error " upload Failed"

unable to upload video on facebook page error " upload Failed": I used to upload video on a facebook page but suddenly it's stop working . when i try to upload video , it says upload failed " Network error Your video couldn't be uploaded due to an issue with your Internet connection. Please check your connection and try again." but i...
  7. After installing Windows 10 update 2020, I am unable to upload pictures/videos to Facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After installing Windows 10 update 2020, I am unable to upload pictures/videos to Facebook: After installing Windows 10 update 2020, I am unable to upload pictures/videos to Facebook. I have never had this problem before. I tried several times....
  8. Facebook: I am unable to get this on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook: I am unable to get this on windows 10: I am unable to get this on windows 10. Will it be fixed automatically or do you have to do it yourself cause im not very good with computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/e05c9002-b24b-4424-85fc-d9fea3eabf42
  9. Unable to open Facebook/Instagram on FireFox while IE can

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to open Facebook/Instagram on FireFox while IE can: Started to happen almost month ago, drives me crazy. Firefox can't connect to any facebook server website like facebook.com, instagram.com, oculus etc. Activating vpn addon, like Browsec, allows me to connect to those websites. Internet Explorer open them fine. Other pc in...
  10. Unable to connect to Facebook from all browsers

Unable to connect to Facebook from all browsers: I am unable to connect to Facebook on any of the browsers in my laptop for the last 3 days. It runs Windows version 1803 with OSbuild 17134.345. The error I get on Edge is that it cannot connect securely to this page, because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security...