Windows 10: Unable to get other updates since initiating upgrade to Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Unable to get other updates since initiating upgrade to Windows 10 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows update is stuck here, can't get any other new updates as 2004 is being held back from Surface Laptop 3. Is there a way for me to abandon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by elhh82, Jun 2, 2020.

1. elhh82 Win User

Unable to get other updates since initiating upgrade to Windows 10 2004

My windows update is stuck here, can't get any other new updates as 2004 is being held back from Surface Laptop 3.

Is there a way for me to abandon the upgrade to 2004 so that I can resume getting other updates?

Unable to get other updates since initiating upgrade to Windows 10 2004 0810f8f0-b862-430d-9cb7-f1ca6bf5a748?upload=true.png

:)

elhh82, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 2, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to get other updates since initiating upgrade to Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Unable updates since

2. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  3. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  4. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows not updated since 2004

Windows not updated since 2004: My Windows has not been updated since version 2004 Every time I try to update, the first phases work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. I did the SFC and DISM commands. All my...
  6. Unable to upgrade to 2004

Unable to upgrade to 2004: My computer keeps attempting to upgrade to 2004 from 1903 and failing. The "troubleshoot windows update" was unable to find anything. Per advice elsewhere I've tried using the Windows 10 update assistant with no success. The WuReset2.0.bat script which deletes the download to...
  7. Tversity not visible since 2004 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tversity not visible since 2004 upgrade: I've used Tversity media server (free version 3.8) for many years and it's always behaved and done exactly what I've wanted. I'm well aware it's old and hasn't been updated for 5 or so years, but it does what I want, and that is to stream videos from my PC (Win 10 2004...
  8. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 OS Version 2004 Update.

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 OS Version 2004 Update.: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. I am using HP Laptop, Model Number: HP 14-am 090TU. I am currently having Windows 10 OS Version 1909 OS Build 18363.959. I would first want to how is Windows 10 OS Version 1909 differerent from Latest Version "2004", is there...
  9. Unable to get Windows 10 OS Version 2004 Update.

Unable to get Windows 10 OS Version 2004 Update.: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. I am using HP Laptop, Model Number: HP 14-am 090TU. I am currently having Windows 10 OS Version 1909 OS Build 18363.959. I would first want to how is Windows 10 OS Version 1909 differerent from Latest Version "2004", is there...
  10. Unable to get into BIOS since updating to windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to get into BIOS since updating to windows 10.: Does anyone know why my PC will no longer go into BIOS? Tried searching online for solutions, tried some like turning off windows fast boot. It clearly states on boot that Delete is my BIOS key, even holding it during boot won't do anything. Then the additional method I...