Windows 10: Unable to get out of windows s mode

Discus and support Unable to get out of windows s mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I have tried everything listed by others and I can't access to Microsoft store to get out of s mode. This is a brand new acer laptop with nothing... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by HaniMehrez, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Unable to get out of windows s mode

Hi, I have tried everything listed by others and I can't access to Microsoft store to get out of s mode. This is a brand new acer laptop with nothing installed. The error box says "Try that again" "Page could not be loaded. Please try again later"

Code: 0x80131500 CV: 4WMeuXXiBU+K8yvP

I have reset the store cache, done all the windows updates and tried to use command prompt to do the steps but it won't let me run the command prompt. I have a valid Microsoft account. I can access internet no problem and even download applications so connectivity is not the cause. Need help.

:)

HaniMehrez, Jun 27, 2020

2. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Jun 27, 2020
  3. boweasel Win User
    boweasel, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to get out of windows s mode

Unable to Switch out of S mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the issue you are facing in switching out of S mode, we will look into this for you. However, we will need the following information from you:

• When you say, “I have installed a fresh version of windows 10 on my pc and was put into windows S mode because of not having a windows key at the time” is Windows 10 activated on the computer currently?
    • Do you get any error message/code?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did Windows 10 S come pre-installed on the computer?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Reset Microsoft Store

You can try resetting Microsoft Store and check if that helps. Type
    wsreset
    in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
    Enter
    . A command prompt window will open and reset Store. Once done open Microsoft Store and try switching out of S mode.

Method 2: Sign out and Sign in

You can also try signing out and signing in back to the store and then try switching out of S mode. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Store, click on the
      profile icon and select Sign out.
    2. Now, click on the profile icon again and select
      sign in.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with the account.

Method 3: New user account

If Method 1 and 2 doesn’t help, create a new user account, sign in to store with the Microsoft account and try switching out of S mode. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

For more information, please refer the article
    Windows 10 in S mode FAQ

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Unable to get out of windows s mode

1. Unable to get out of windows s mode - Similar Threads - Unable mode

2. Unable to switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to switch out of s mode: Just a got new laptop and everything works perfectly but I’m unable to switch out of s mode. I’ve updated my microsoft store and done all other necessary updates to the laptop but when i click get under switch out of s mode it says that something happened and they couldn't...
  3. Unable to switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to switch out of s mode: Just a got new laptop and everything works perfectly but I’m unable to switch out of s mode. I’ve updated my microsoft store and done all other necessary updates to the laptop but when i click get under switch out of s mode it says that something happened and they couldn't...
  4. New laptop unable to disable s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop unable to disable s mode: I purchased a brand new laptop and have been unable to disable s mode. When I attempt to disable it via the Microsoft Store, I get the “something went wrong” message. I completed all windows updates. Followed instructions that I found online to no avail. Help!...
  5. New laptop unable to disable s mode

New laptop unable to disable s mode: I purchased a brand new laptop and have been unable to disable s mode. When I attempt to disable it via the Microsoft Store, I get the “something went wrong” message. I completed all windows updates. Followed instructions that I found online to no avail. Help!...
  6. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my computer will not start in a normal mode. Thereafter,...
  7. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my compuer will not start in a safe mode. After few days,...
  8. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my compuer will not start in a safe mode. After few days,...
  9. Unable to switch out of S Mode ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to switch out of S Mode ?: Hello, I brought a new PC and I am unable to switch out of S Mode. I restarted the app, restarted my computer. When I click the "Get" button to deactivate S mode I get an error message to try again. This is incredibly frustrating as I need to download Tableau for a school...
  10. Unable to switch out of S Mode ?

Unable to switch out of S Mode ?: Hello, I brought a new PC and I am unable to switch out of S Mode. I restarted the app, restarted my computer. When I click the "Get" button to deactivate S mode I get an error message to try again. This is incredibly frustrating as I need to download Tableau for a school...