Windows 10: unable to get past administratior password

Discus and support unable to get past administratior password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A friend of mine gave me back a computer that i purchased for her a few years ago. I did not use it until the other day and found that i cannot upgrade... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WarrynCampbell, Oct 22, 2018.

1. unable to get past administratior password

A friend of mine gave me back a computer that i purchased for her a few years ago. I did not use it until the other day and found that i cannot upgrade or delete any programs due to my not having her admin password. Unfortunately, she recently passed away. How do i replace/delete here admin info?

:)

WarrynCampbell, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 22, 2018
  3. JATownes Win User
    Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Oriana.G Win User

unable to get past administratior password

unable to deactivate Windows log-on password

Hi HearaldPenkert,

I suggest trying with this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Change sign-in options.
    • Choose the sign-in option you'd like to use, and then follow the instructions.

If you're using a local account with a password, you can delete the password to sign in without one. Try this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Sign-in options.
    • Under Password, tap or click Change.
    • Verify the current password for your local account.
    • Leave the New password, Reenter password, and Password hint fields blank, tap or click Next, and then tap or click Finish.
    I hope it will solve your issue.

Bye

Oriana.G, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

unable to get past administratior password

1. unable to get past administratior password - Similar Threads - unable past administratior

2. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...: I am unable to get past the lock screen. I have reset the password which was successful as I have logged in on a different device.I get the error message:Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.I am however connected to my home wifi....
  3. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...: I am unable to get past the lock screen. I have reset the password which was successful as I have logged in on a different device.I get the error message:Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.I am however connected to my home wifi....
  4. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password: I am unable to get past the lock screen. I have reset the password which was successful as I have logged in on a different device.I get the error message:Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.I am however connected to my home wifi....
  6. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password: I am unable to get past the lock screen. I have reset the password which was successful as I have logged in on a different device.I get the error message:Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.I am however connected to my home wifi....
  7. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Unable to format in the past

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to format in the past: exact instructions on transferring half of my D drive to my C drive - for formatting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-format-in-the-past/f03efbfb-0961-40dc-bb0b-5c03721d976b
  9. Unable to copy and paste

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to copy and paste: I am unable to copy and paste. Whenever I attempt to paste something after I copy it (whether right clicking and selecting copy in any app or windows explorer) or control+C, I paste the following:...
  10. computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page: I had the computer off for several days. I turned it on this afternoon and when it came to page for my password, I froze and tried to think what it was since i don't need to sign in with one on my laptop. I finally put in password and it kept saying it was the wrong password....