Windows 10: Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop

Discus and support Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have been trying over 3 days now to set up our new laptop but get stuck on just a moment when we click the create a pin page. We've turned it on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stuck17, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Stuck17 Win User

Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop

We have been trying over 3 days now to set up our new laptop but get stuck on just a moment when we click the create a pin page. We've turned it on and off, we've left it for nearly half a day and we've turned the device off overnight, nothing works. There's no option to skip it and pressing the escape button does nothing. Any suggestions?

:)

Stuck17, Oct 18, 2020
  2. peerster7 Win User

Unable to create new pin

I was also locked out of my laptop but could log in with my microsoft account. the problem now is that i can't create a new pin. I followed the instructions on how to reset it but every time i enter the new pin it loads for a second then goes back to the
    settings page without creating the new pin. I've tried restarting and keeping it charged. what am i doing wrong?

peerster7, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Need help . Unable to create a new PIN after someone hacked into my laptop running on Windows 10 and changed the windows PIN.

Hi AJ,

Since your issue is account related, we suggest contacting our Microsoft Answer Desk for better assistance.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Oct 18, 2020
  4. AJ_13839 Win User

Need help . Unable to create a new PIN after someone hacked into my laptop running on Windows 10 and changed the windows PIN.

Dear Windows 10 Experts,

Someone hacked into my laptop running on Windows 10 and changed the windows PIN. I can log on to my laptop using my Microsoft Windows Account(Hotmail) and password.

Now, I want to add/create a new windows PIN. Here is what I have done so far

• When I go to settings->Add new PIN it is asking for pin which was created by hacker and obviously I do not have it.

Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop 96279f2f-2f91-42b2-b176-aa7ad99c6538.png

2. Then I clicked on forgot my PIN and I got the following message. Which leads back to me step 1.

Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop 5da2475d-8964-4003-8fdb-686bb62d8010.png

Please help me to recover or add new PIN.

Thanks

AJ

* Moved from Insider

* Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the
    Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions
    for more information on how you can protect your privacy

AJ_13839, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop - Similar Threads - Unable past create

2. Can'n create new pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can'n create new pin: After i complete reseting and reinstalling Windows 10, complete sign in to unlock the screen.After that, succeeded sign in, now to create set up new pin, why cannot proceed next for a new pin. Why ??? Please help...
  3. Unable to create PIN in Windows 10

Unable to create PIN in Windows 10: I re-installed Windows. I am admin; had PIN .. it was working well and one fine day it asked me to reset PIN which I am unable to do. I used troubleshooting tool in other thread. I am admin.. NGC folder is empty. What to do now?...
  4. Unable to create a pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to create a pin: I recently had to replace the motherboard on my computer. It is now fixed, but I am not able to create a sign-in pin. When I go to Setting/Sign in options/Sign in with a Pin/Add, I am asked to provide my computer password, which I do. Then when I click Add, I am not give the...
  5. Not getting past log in page

in Windows 10 Support
    Not getting past log in page: Hi, My wife has a reconditioned Fujitsu server with Windows 10 instaled, it has been working okay until we switched it on this morning. It runs okay up to the login screen, when she logs in it goes to a black screen with a white arrow and stays like that. If I do a ctr, alt,...
  6. Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Laptop Stuck On Create a PIN Setup: I tried to set it up with wifi off, I tried to set it up using my voice, but nothing works! I can't even do a fresh install because it already is one! submitted by /u/Blob55 [link] [comments]...
  7. New laptop, cant get past pin screen and finish setting up

New laptop, cant get past pin screen and finish setting up: I have a new laptop, windows 10, in the middle of setting up. I am repeatedly getting sent to a hello pin setup page. I cannot finish setup to get my new laptop running as i cant get past this screen. It freezes when u click “setup pin” a continual loading screen....
  8. Unable to create Windows Hello PIN

Unable to create Windows Hello PIN: Hi, I have just bought second hand Lenovo T470s Laptop, which reset to factory setting (I believe). Now, I am trying to setup the Hello PIN first time and getting the following error: "we weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again, or skip this step and set up a...
  9. Cannot get past first page

Cannot get past first page: When I turn my computer on, it will not allow the camera to see me and automatically sign me in. How do I make the camera see me? I probably have a password, but I cannot recall it. Can I access the password so I can write it down. I have tried to guess the password,...
  10. computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page: I had the computer off for several days. I turned it on this afternoon and when it came to page for my password, I froze and tried to think what it was since i don't need to sign in with one on my laptop. I finally put in password and it kept saying it was the wrong password....