Windows 10: Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop

Discus and support Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have been trying over 3 days now to set up our new laptop but get stuck on just a moment when we click the create a pin page. We've turned it on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stuck17, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Stuck17 Win User

Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop

We have been trying over 3 days now to set up our new laptop but get stuck on just a moment when we click the create a pin page. We've turned it on and off, we've left it for nearly half a day and we've turned the device off overnight, nothing works. There's no option to skip it and pressing the escape button does nothing. Any suggestions?

:)

Stuck17, Oct 18, 2020
  2. peerster7 Win User

Unable to create new pin

I was also locked out of my laptop but could log in with my microsoft account. the problem now is that i can't create a new pin. I followed the instructions on how to reset it but every time i enter the new pin it loads for a second then goes back to the
    settings page without creating the new pin. I've tried restarting and keeping it charged. what am i doing wrong?

peerster7, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Need help . Unable to create a new PIN after someone hacked into my laptop running on Windows 10 and changed the windows PIN.

Hi AJ,

Since your issue is account related, we suggest contacting our Microsoft Answer Desk for better assistance.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Oct 18, 2020
  4. AJ_13839 Win User

Need help . Unable to create a new PIN after someone hacked into my laptop running on Windows 10 and changed the windows PIN.

Dear Windows 10 Experts,

Someone hacked into my laptop running on Windows 10 and changed the windows PIN. I can log on to my laptop using my Microsoft Windows Account(Hotmail) and password.

Now, I want to add/create a new windows PIN. Here is what I have done so far

• When I go to settings->Add new PIN it is asking for pin which was created by hacker and obviously I do not have it.

Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop 96279f2f-2f91-42b2-b176-aa7ad99c6538.png

2. Then I clicked on forgot my PIN and I got the following message. Which leads back to me step 1.

Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop 5da2475d-8964-4003-8fdb-686bb62d8010.png

Please help me to recover or add new PIN.

Thanks

AJ

* Moved from Insider

* Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the
    Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions
    for more information on how you can protect your privacy

AJ_13839, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop - Similar Threads - Unable past create

2. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  3. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  4. Unable to create a new PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create a new PIN: Hi,This is frustrating with windows sign in.I've deleted my PIN, now I have to create a new one.However, they say the microsoft acct doesn't exist I used my work email in this forum.why it doesn't let me sign in?-I wanted to void the PIN then I have to enter my passwordThere...
  5. Unable to create a new PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create a new PIN: Hi,This is frustrating with windows sign in.I've deleted my PIN, now I have to create a new one.However, they say the microsoft acct doesn't exist I used my work email in this forum.why it doesn't let me sign in?-I wanted to void the PIN then I have to enter my passwordThere...
  6. Unable to create a new PIN

7. New System Unable to get past the PIN Creation Screen

New System Unable to get past the PIN Creation Screen: While setting up Windows for the first time, it is asking me to create a PIN, even though I logged in using my password. The screen requesting the PIN does NOT have a text box to type a PIN into. The only thing it allows me to do is click on the "Create PIN" button. When I...
  8. Unable to type pin on create pin page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to type pin on create pin page: So after formatting my PC I installed Windows 10, once it finished I went through the set up details. On set up it asked to create a pin , I click on it and a message says just a moment and a whirly circle of dots come Up but nothing happens.I can press Keyboard alt cntl And...
  9. Unable to type pin on create pin page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type pin on create pin page: So after formatting my PC I installed Windows 10, once it finished I went through the set up details. On set up it asked to create a pin , I click on it and a message says just a moment and a whirly circle of dots come Up but nothing happens.I can press Keyboard alt cntl And...
  10. Unable to type pin on create pin page