Windows 10: Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login

Discus and support Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Today, I found myself suddenly unable to log in to my laptop. After inputting the correct password, I get taken to a "Help us protect your account!"... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EricHamilton4, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login

Today, I found myself suddenly unable to log in to my laptop. After inputting the correct password, I get taken to a "Help us protect your account!" screen, asking me to use two-factor authentication with either email, text, or a phone call. After correctly inputting the 2fa code, it takes me to a "Input your password". After correctly inputting my password AGAIN, a "Please wait" loading animation displays for less than a second, then takes me back to the original "Help us protect your account!" screen.

I'm incredibly frustrated that I'm unable to access my computer. I've attempted restarting my password, marking the recent activity as "this was me!", and several other options. I'm at my wits end, and this makes me want to avoid taking all windows updates in the future. This has rendered my machine completely useless, due to an unnecessary check that has apparently been implemented incorrectly.

How can I get past this screen?

:)

EricHamilton4, Nov 19, 2019
  2. cwo1960 Win User

Cannot login to windows 10 after update! PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for the advice on enabling the administrator account. I follow all the steps and enabled the administrator account but I am still unable to log in. I am attaching 2 photos of the screens I am able to see at boot up.
    Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login [​IMG]

Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login [​IMG]

I have no way to choose which account to log in with.
    Any other ideas or suggestion?
    Thanks

cwo1960, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login

Unable to login with microsoft account

Hi,

Issues with signing in to a Microsoft account are usually happening due
    the two-step verification is turned on or you are traveling or using a new device.
    For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the sign in issue upon logging in to your computer?
    • Are you having the same error when you are trying to sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser? If yes, is the same issue happening even when you are using other web browsers?
    • Have you made any changes to your account before this issue occurred?
    • What changes have you made to your computer prior to having this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you read and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on these links:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login

1. Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login - Similar Threads - Unable past Help

2. Stuck with the "Help us secure your account" problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck with the "Help us secure your account" problem: Split from this thread. I have the Help us secure your account show up every time I log in to my account it says to message my old phone number which I do not have access to and has been given to someone else, And every time I try to do the account recovery it always fails I...
  3. Stuck with the "Help us secure your account" problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck with the "Help us secure your account" problem: Split from this thread. I have the Help us secure your account show up every time I log in to my account it says to message my old phone number which I do not have access to and has been given to someone else, And every time I try to do the account recovery it always fails I...
  4. Unable to login to Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to Account: Split from this thread.i can..not log in to my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-to-account/ded9263e-3d94-4f37-a8f8-0bfbf805af31
  5. Unable to login to Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login to Account: Split from this thread.i can..not log in to my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-to-account/ded9263e-3d94-4f37-a8f8-0bfbf805af31
  6. "Help us protect your account" - verification code never arrives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Help us protect your account" - verification code never arrives: I have a maddening situation with Windows. After receiving some warranty service on my laptop, I am presented with a Bitlocker recovery screen when starting the machine. I have no idea what the recovery key is for this drive I've never even set any of this up. I was advised...
  7. Can't get past Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past Login: When i try to login my login window will not accept any typing in the box. Can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-past-login/c14fc8d4-a390-44ae-89a2-76a3978acbd3
  8. Help us protect your account is broken Windows 10 lockout

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help us protect your account is broken Windows 10 lockout: I am trying to login to my Windows 10 system remotely to support a customer. Once I logged in the 'Help us protect your account' screen effectively has locked me out of the PC because the e-mail, text and phone options all fail with the message 'There's a temporary problem...
  9. problem getting past login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem getting past login: problem getting past login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-getting-past-login/846791a4-cd73-4eb6-ba73-d40cf444b500
  10. Show us your Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show us your Login Screen: One of our newest members, nexus was kind enough to share with us a piece of software to change the Login Screen background on Windows 10, Build 10240 (and up, hopefully), I hope he/she will share it again here! *Smile It's one more nice way to customize your OS! Thanks to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. help us protect your account error