Windows 10: Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login

Discus and support Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Today, I found myself suddenly unable to log in to my laptop. After inputting the correct password, I get taken to a "Help us protect your account!"... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EricHamilton4, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login

Today, I found myself suddenly unable to log in to my laptop. After inputting the correct password, I get taken to a "Help us protect your account!" screen, asking me to use two-factor authentication with either email, text, or a phone call. After correctly inputting the 2fa code, it takes me to a "Input your password". After correctly inputting my password AGAIN, a "Please wait" loading animation displays for less than a second, then takes me back to the original "Help us protect your account!" screen.

I'm incredibly frustrated that I'm unable to access my computer. I've attempted restarting my password, marking the recent activity as "this was me!", and several other options. I'm at my wits end, and this makes me want to avoid taking all windows updates in the future. This has rendered my machine completely useless, due to an unnecessary check that has apparently been implemented incorrectly.

How can I get past this screen?

:)

EricHamilton4, Nov 19, 2019
  2. cwo1960 Win User

Cannot login to windows 10 after update! PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for the advice on enabling the administrator account. I follow all the steps and enabled the administrator account but I am still unable to log in. I am attaching 2 photos of the screens I am able to see at boot up.
    Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login [​IMG]

Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login [​IMG]

I have no way to choose which account to log in with.
    Any other ideas or suggestion?
    Thanks

cwo1960, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login

Unable to login with microsoft account

Hi,

Issues with signing in to a Microsoft account are usually happening due
    the two-step verification is turned on or you are traveling or using a new device.
    For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the sign in issue upon logging in to your computer?
    • Are you having the same error when you are trying to sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser? If yes, is the same issue happening even when you are using other web browsers?
    • Have you made any changes to your account before this issue occurred?
    • What changes have you made to your computer prior to having this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you read and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on these links:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login

1. Unable to get past "Help us protect your account" after login - Similar Threads - Unable past Help

2. Unable to login to admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login to admin account: Hi Experts, I am not able to login to my admin account. I was trying some thing with net user command and accidently might have reseted the password. Now I am not able to login back. I have a guest account on the laptop with which I can log in, it has minimum privileges....
  3. Unable to get past Surface screen after restarting for update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to get past Surface screen after restarting for update: Hi! My Surface Pro 3 is unable to get past the surface screen after restarting for the May update. Any help here? Thanks! 134305
  4. Unable to get past Surface screen after restarting for update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to get past Surface screen after restarting for update: Hi! My Surface Pro 3 is unable to get past the surface screen after restarting for the May update. Any help here? Thanks! 134305
  5. Unable to login into admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login into admin account: Hi All, I am unable to login into admin account using the current credentials, but i am able to login into the server using user credentials that i created. Can any on help me in debugging the issue....
  6. unable to get past administratior password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to get past administratior password: A friend of mine gave me back a computer that i purchased for her a few years ago. I did not use it until the other day and found that i cannot upgrade or delete any programs due to my not having her admin password. Unfortunately, she recently passed away. How do i...
  7. Show us your Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show us your Login Screen: One of our newest members, nexus was kind enough to share with us a piece of software to change the Login Screen background on Windows 10, Build 10240 (and up, hopefully), I hope he/she will share it again here! *Smile It's one more nice way to customize your OS! Thanks to...
  8. Unable to login with Microsoft account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to login with Microsoft account.: Since I bought this PC I've logged into it with myMicrosoft user account which uses my own domain email account. The account had the display name of but the folder in "Users" was named with only used the the first 5 characters "norma". This has never been a problem until the...
  9. Cant get past login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant get past login screen: Computer has been working on win 10 for several months. Lately had problems with login screen. We have never used a password before. Now I cant do anything because it demands a password which I do not know. Incidentally I now see two users with same name. One user...
  10. After Reset, Cannot get past "Link your phone and PC"

in Windows 10 Support
    After Reset, Cannot get past "Link your phone and PC": Have a Lenovo Notebook. Had Insider Preview 17063. Needed to do a Reset and now its stuck on "After Reset, Cannot get past "Link your phone and PC". I send a text to my cell phone and when I click on it, it opens to Edge browser app which was already installed. I'm signed...