Windows 10: Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...

Discus and support Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am unable to get past the lock screen. I have reset the password which was successful as I have logged in on a different device.I get the error... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SiYo1, Apr 6, 2022.

1. SiYo1 Win User

Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...

I am unable to get past the lock screen. I have reset the password which was successful as I have logged in on a different device.I get the error message:Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.I am however connected to my home wifi. My other device is connected to it also and is working fine.I have tried safe mode but as soon as I press 5 from the blue screen options it takes me to the lock screen.I would be ok with full system reset as nothing on there that I can't replace but it wants me to log in to my account to perform any admin actions. Basicall

:)

SiYo1, Apr 6, 2022

2. How to connect to WiFi without using password?

Yes, you can connect to locked WiFi Without password by using the functionality of WPS (WiFi Protected Set Up). Most of the Routers support WPS function. For this trick, you must have physical access to the Router of WiFi network you want to connect to. If you are on Windows or Android device, then you are lucky, this trick will gonna work for you. Because Apple Ecosystem doesn’t support the WPS function.

You can do this in simple steps:

Step 1: Go to “Settings” in your Smartphone –> “WiFi” –> Go to “More” or “3 Vertical dot icon” and search for “WPS Push Button” option and just Tap on it.

Step 2: Now, Also Tap the “WPS” button on the backside of your Router. Within some seconds these both devices pair up and your device will connect to WiFi network. That’s It!!!

Try it.

[Source Reference]: How to Connect to Locked WiFi Without using Password

Sneha Kapoor, Apr 6, 2022
  3. Lock Screen Password

Hi Eashwar,

About your concern on enabling password protected lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Click Accounts.
    • On the right panel select Sign-in options > Under Password you'll see the option to add password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Apr 6, 2022
  4. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 6, 2022
Thema:

Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...

1. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password... - Similar Threads - Unable past lock

2. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past lock screen: I have put in the correct pin for my PC and then it shows that it is loading the home screen and doesn't advance. It just stays loading and never changes. I have restarted the PC several times and nothing seems to work....
  3. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past lock screen: Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's asking for so what do I do now? When I turn it on it comes up with my User ID populated prompting me for the password. Thanks...
  4. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past lock screen: Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's asking for so what do I do now? When I turn it on it comes up with my User ID populated prompting me for the password. Thanks...
  5. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...: I am unable to get past the lock screen. I have reset the password which was successful as I have logged in on a different device.I get the error message:Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.I am however connected to my home wifi....
  6. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...

Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on and connected but still asks for last password...: I am unable to get past the lock screen. I have reset the password which was successful as I have logged in on a different device.I get the error message:Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.I am however connected to my home wifi....
  7. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password: I am unable to get past the lock screen. I have reset the password which was successful as I have logged in on a different device.I get the error message:Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.I am however connected to my home wifi....
  8. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password

Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password: I am unable to get past the lock screen. I have reset the password which was successful as I have logged in on a different device.I get the error message:Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.I am however connected to my home wifi....
  9. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. unable to get past administratior password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to get past administratior password: A friend of mine gave me back a computer that i purchased for her a few years ago. I did not use it until the other day and found that i cannot upgrade or delete any programs due to my not having her admin password. Unfortunately, she recently passed away. How do i...