Windows 10: Unable to get past Surface screen after restarting for update

Discus and support Unable to get past Surface screen after restarting for update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! My Surface Pro 3 is unable to get past the surface screen after restarting for the May update. Any help here? Thanks! 134305 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by para, Jun 8, 2019.

1. para Win User

Unable to get past Surface screen after restarting for update

Hi! My Surface Pro 3 is unable to get past the surface screen after restarting for the May update. Any help here? Thanks!

:)

para, Jun 8, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jun 8, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to get past Surface screen after restarting for update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to get past Surface screen after restarting for update - Similar Threads - Unable past Surface

2. New System Unable to get past the PIN Creation Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New System Unable to get past the PIN Creation Screen: While setting up Windows for the first time, it is asking me to create a PIN, even though I logged in using my password. The screen requesting the PIN does NOT have a text box to type a PIN into. The only thing it allows me to do is click on the "Create PIN" button. When I...
  3. New System Unable to get past the PIN Creation Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New System Unable to get past the PIN Creation Screen: While setting up Windows for the first time, it is asking me to create a PIN, even though I logged in using my password. The screen requesting the PIN does NOT have a text box to type a PIN into. The only thing it allows me to do is click on the "Create PIN" button. When I...
  4. Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get past lock screen - wifi is on but needs last password: I am unable to get past the lock screen. I have reset the password which was successful as I have logged in on a different device.I get the error message:Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device.I am however connected to my home wifi....
  5. "network issue" after update - can't get past this screen!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "network issue" after update - can't get past this screen!: Hi all, After the most recent update, when the computer re-booted its left me stuck on this screen? I run everything over Wifi so dont ever connect to an ethernet. Any ideas how to get paste this? Thanks, Danny [IMG]...
  6. Laptop never gets past this screen after updating (Details in comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop never gets past this screen after updating (Details in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/THE_reverbdeluxe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiofb2/laptop_never_gets_past_this_screen_after_updating/
  7. Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update: I have a 7 year old home build PC that has worked flawlessly for 7 years...even with windows 10. :) Last week I restarted it because i noticed my browser and a few apps running a bit slow and I had an update waiting on restart. Well after the restart it boots to the...
  8. Unable to get past Surface screen after restarting for update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to get past Surface screen after restarting for update: Hi! My Surface Pro 3 is unable to get past the surface screen after restarting for the May update. Any help here? Thanks! 134305
  9. Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get past the 'Blue screen of death' after update.: I'll get straight into it: after a recent windows update with spotty wifi, I haven't been able to get into my acer laptop. Whenever I load it up it gives me the "windows ran into a problem and needs to restart, we are just collecting error information :( ", then restarts to...
  10. unable to get past administratior password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to get past administratior password: A friend of mine gave me back a computer that i purchased for her a few years ago. I did not use it until the other day and found that i cannot upgrade or delete any programs due to my not having her admin password. Unfortunately, she recently passed away. How do i...