Windows 10: Unable to get past the title screen of newly installed games due to broken "Xbox Identity...

Discus and support Unable to get past the title screen of newly installed games due to broken "Xbox Identity... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After installing and trying to play No Man's Sky via PC Game Pass yesterday I noticed an issue where the window that's supposed to appear and either... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Alan Fordyce, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Unable to get past the title screen of newly installed games due to broken "Xbox Identity...

After installing and trying to play No Man's Sky via PC Game Pass yesterday I noticed an issue where the window that's supposed to appear and either ask me to select a Microsoft account or state that data is being synced this onehttps://i.redd.it/23b0xzdg1zx01.jpg was instead popping up briefly, closing, and then repeating that process every time I clicked to get past the title screen. I thought it was an issue with the game so I went to play another game I installed a while ago but had never played, Overcooked 2, and had the exact same thing happen. Again, thinking it was the game, I installed and tried to run Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 to have the exact same result. So again I installed another game, Moving Out, and had the same issue again. I then went to try two games I knew were working Ark and Forza Horizon 4 which worked properly until I signed into Forza on my Xbox, played for a bit, then tried to resume on my PC. Now Forza is broken because it needs to sync the data from the Xbox.

I've noticed that whenever I try to get past the title of these screens I get the following in event viewer:
    Error: "The server Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_12.64.28001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."
    Warning: "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD}

and APPID

{37399C92-DC3F-4B55-AE5B-811EE82398AD}

to the user {{My User}} from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Microsoft.GamingApp_2007.1000.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe SID S-1-15-2-1723189366-2159580849-2248400763-1481059666-1951766778-2756563051-3565589001. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

Things I've tried:
    - Reinstalling the games.
    - Resetting the games.

- Closing overlay apps.

- Using MSConfig to do a Diagnostic startup.

- Reinstalling Gaming Services.
    - Rebooting numerous times.
    - MalwareBytes scan, just in case.
    - Resetting the MS Store wsreset.exe.

- Signing out of all Xbox apps and the Store.- Resetting Windows Update and associated services.
    - Updating all apps from the Store.
    - Updating Windows 10 to 2004.
    - Resetting every "Xbox *" app from Apps & Features.
    - Resetting Winsock, because why not at this point.
    - Using a VPN.
    - Changing DNS to Google then CloudFlare after a a few reboots.
    - Store Apps troubleshooter.
    - Repairing the WMI Database.
    - sfc /scannow

- Opening the Xbox Console Companion to ensure I'm signed in correctly.

- Googling the issue, including parts of the Event Viewer logs.
    I'm currently out of things to try and I'd like some help that doesn't involve having to completely reinstall Windows.

:)

Alan Fordyce, Jun 22, 2020

2. Xbox Identity Provider

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work with this version of Windows, however, some older programs might run poorly. You need to run the

Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
    or change the compatibility settings on your computer to play games like Age of Empires: Castle Siege.

If you are still unable to download the Xbox Identity Provider, we recommend that you clear Windows Store cache by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.
    • Launch Windows Store and check if there are available updates and install them.

You can also download Xbox Identity Provider on this
    link

If you need further assistance, feel free to post your queries here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Xbox Identity Provider

Since the update failed to download and install on the computer, it can cause the issue. We suggest that you follow the steps on the solutions provided on this link:

Fix Windows Update errors

Once the computer is updated, download and install the
    Xbox Identity Provider
    again.

If you need more help, kindly let us know.

Loraine Mon, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Unable to get past the title screen of newly installed games due to broken "Xbox Identity...

Xbox Identity Provider app

Hi,

The Xbox Identity Provider is a preinstalled system app that is used by apps and games on Windows to connect to your Xbox Live account. The Xbox Identity Provider isn’t intended to run as a stand-alone application. Games like Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    store the game data in the cloud using your Microsoft account credentials. The
    Xbox Identity Provider allow these apps to
    link
    to your Xbox live profile. You can check the information on this link regarding the Xbox Identity Provider app.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Unable to get past the title screen of newly installed games due to broken "Xbox Identity...

1. Unable to get past the title screen of newly installed games due to broken "Xbox Identity... - Similar Threads - Unable past title

2. Xbox Game Bar broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar broken?: Been like this now for about 6 weeks. Turn my pc on open game bar, join a party I get a yellow triangle in the top of the widget. Other people can hear me for 10-15 seconds then nothing...Also if I open game bad while in a game the pc just completely crashes.Anyone else got...
  3. Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...: Hi! I have a Gmail and Outlook account. When I try to edit my account information, I am asked to "verify your identity". Unfortunately, it wants me to verify using the original email I signed up with. That address is no longer valid as Excite.com ended all email services on...
  4. Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...: Hi! I have a Gmail and Outlook account. When I try to edit my account information, I am asked to "verify your identity". Unfortunately, it wants me to verify using the original email I signed up with. That address is no longer valid as Excite.com ended all email services on...
  5. Can't get past "verify your identity" screen due to an obsolete email address when editing...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Unable to install Xbox Gaming Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Xbox Gaming Services: Hey Microsoft Support, For the life of me, I can't get past the installation of Gaming Services in the Xbox app. I've tried to Repair and Reset both Microsoft Store as well as Xbox app from System Settings, for starters. Some other answers in the communities section had...
  7. Unable to install Xbox Gaming Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Xbox Gaming Services: Hey Microsoft Support, For the life of me, I can't get past the installation of Gaming Services in the Xbox app. I've tried to Repair and Reset both Microsoft Store as well as Xbox app from System Settings, for starters. Some other answers in the communities section had...
  8. can't install xbox identity provider

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can't install xbox identity provider: when i try to download xbox identity provider it gives me an error and it says Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Setting and the code error is 0x80070422 and i tried to troubleshoot too and i watched a...
  9. Unable to open newly installed games/browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open newly installed games/browsers: I recently installed a game which I believed gave me a virus but I did a scan and nothing was wrong. I thought Opera GX was just broken as it opened and closed instantly. After a few times clicking the icon, it would open but close after a few minutes of use. I then tried...
  10. Xbox game pass PC can't install some of the titles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game pass PC can't install some of the titles: I cannot install many of the titles from XBOX game pass PC Beta. Like Rage 2,Gears 5,etc whenever I click Install it goes on pending -> then starting and then ->ERROR. And don't know what is this error and why is this happening. I pay for the subscription and I cannot install...