Windows 10: Unable to get Powershell to run

Discus and support Unable to get Powershell to run in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having a real issue trying to get PowerShell to run. I keep getting an error message saying unable to find "Windows PowerShell.Ink" Can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dragun50, Mar 15, 2019.

1. dragun50 Win User

Unable to get Powershell to run

I am having a real issue trying to get PowerShell to run.

I keep getting an error message saying unable to find "Windows PowerShell.Ink"

Can anyone explain what I need to do to get this working again? I would really like to know why it stopped working.

Thank you

:)

dragun50, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Unable to get Powershell to run

Windows Powershell auto opens when booting up

Hi Victor,

To stop Windows Powershell to start whenever you boot up your laptop, we suggest you to follow the steps listed below for selecting the services you want to run at startup:

• Search System Configurationfrom the taskbar.
    • Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.
    • Go to the Startup tab on the System Configuration main window.
    • Uncheck the box next to Windows Powershell program.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Restart to restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Unable to get Powershell to run

1. Unable to get Powershell to run - Similar Threads - Unable Powershell run

2. Cannot get PowerShell script to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get PowerShell script to run: Hi,No matter what I try I cannot get permission to run a .ps1 file. I always get this error:& : File C:\Program Files\putty\pagentpass.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at...
  3. Cannot get PowerShell script to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get PowerShell script to run: Hi,No matter what I try I cannot get permission to run a .ps1 file. I always get this error:& : File C:\Program Files\putty\pagentpass.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at...
  4. Problem getting a powershell script to run in Task Scheduler

Problem getting a powershell script to run in Task Scheduler: Hello. I am trying to get a PowerShell script to run once every half hour in the Task Scheduler utility. The platform is Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition. I configured the script to run on a schedule starting at 12:00 AM every day, and repeat every 30 minutes...
  5. Problem getting a powershell script to run in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem getting a powershell script to run in Task Scheduler: Hello. I am trying to get a PowerShell script to run once every half hour in the Task Scheduler utility. The platform is Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition. I configured the script to run on a schedule starting at 12:00 AM every day, and repeat every 30 minutes...
  6. Powershell is running in background

Powershell is running in background: hello employees and helpers of microsoft, my problem is, powershell running background, i dont know why powershell initiates when my pc starts, usually when i open task manager i see powershell running but in others, no.1 month ago i used windows toolbox and i optimized my...
  7. Powershell is running in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell is running in background: hello employees and helpers of microsoft, my problem is, powershell running background, i dont know why powershell initiates when my pc starts, usually when i open task manager i see powershell running but in others, no.1 month ago i used windows toolbox and i optimized my...
  8. PowerShell running in background.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerShell running in background.: I don't know why but PowerShell runs in the background...I reinstalled the windows many times but after a while it runs in the background. I'm very scared...I don't know what to do...I think I'm hacked or something...please help....
  9. Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell: While using the command I get this: [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/unable-to-use-get-appxpackage-command-in/215276a3-d0dc-4673-99f0-c8102ddee597
  10. Problem Getting a Powershell Script to Run in Task Scheduler

Problem Getting a Powershell Script to Run in Task Scheduler: Hope I'm in the right place! I am trying to get a Powershell script to run daily in the task scheduler. It basically purges a folder on one of my drives: Get-ChildItem –Path “D:\Dropbox\Quicken\Backup” –Recurse | Where-Object CreationTime –lt (Get-Date).AddDays(-10) |...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot find C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\StartMenu\Programs\Windows PowerShell\Windows PowerShell.Ink.

2. unable to launch powershell errror Windows powershell.ink