Windows 10: Unable to get rid of keyboard

Discus and support Unable to get rid of keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH]is it because it's set as the default? if so, how do i change it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshNg, Oct 20, 2020.

1. JoshNg Win User

Unable to get rid of keyboard

Unable to get rid of keyboard fb7c8a3c-7aa3-4e9c-a6af-6aa70829ad65?upload=true.png is it because it's set as the default? if so, how do i change it?

:)

JoshNg, Oct 20, 2020

2. Unable to use keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi Hank,

Please let us know the make and model of your device.

This issue might be due to corrupted or outdated drivers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Step 2: Update keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Please get back to us with the results of the issue in regards with keyboard and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating system. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

ENG INTL keyboard appeared! How to get rid of it?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which is your default keyboard language?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Press and hold the Windows logo key and then press the Spacebar repeatedly, you will be able to switch between the languages.

And also check how many languages installed in your system.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to get rid of keyboard - Similar Threads - Unable rid keyboard

2. Literally unable to get rid of Microsoft Compatibilty Telemetry.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Literally unable to get rid of Microsoft Compatibilty Telemetry.: Hello everyone. I will try to contain myself from swearing due to the absolute stupidity that is the Microsoft team. For the past 5 days now my pc started running unbelievably slower than it should. I opened my task manager today to see whats happening and saw the MCT was...
  3. Literally unable to get rid of Microsoft Compatibilty Telemetry.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Literally unable to get rid of Microsoft Compatibilty Telemetry.: Hello everyone. I will try to contain myself from swearing due to the absolute stupidity that is the Microsoft team. For the past 5 days now my pc started running unbelievably slower than it should. I opened my task manager today to see whats happening and saw the MCT was...
  4. Windows 11 unable to get rid russian language keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to get rid russian language keyboard layout: it appears automatically, without any manual installation. and it is impossible to get rid of like the russians who came to your house. here are the screenshots.note this bug and fix it already!...
  5. Windows 11 unable to get rid russian language keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 unable to get rid russian language keyboard layout: it appears automatically, without any manual installation. and it is impossible to get rid of like the russians who came to your house. here are the screenshots.note this bug and fix it already!...
  6. "Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of: As per the attached, I have one keyboard layout and one layout only, shift+2 will get you ", whereas now it gets me @, which is only possible on the US keyboard. The US layout is nowhere to be found and as mentioned I have no previous language packs installed.Please restrain...
  7. How to get rid of 2nd keyboard?

How to get rid of 2nd keyboard?: Hi, This Windows 10 logic is really pulling my nerves, as there are bunch of surprises after each update. For example, few weeks ago whole Publich Healthcare was down for few hours, until I found out, that one update changed the date format from preset one without spaces...
  8. Can't get rid of US Keyboard

Can't get rid of US Keyboard: I tryed to get rid of the US Keyboard option but it is not going away. In the settings I have 2 Keybord Input types: A Englisch one with qwertz and a German one with qwertz But in the taskbar there now is a 3rd for no aperent reson. a Englisch qwerty. Can i get rid of...
  9. Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it.

Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it.: After the recent update to 1909 or 1903, the usual US+HU layouts I use were replaced by ENG/US+ENG/HU+HUN. Both on my desktop and notebook. The system settings do not reflect it, there are just the two old layouts. I tried deleting, re-adding them, every time I am presented...
  10. How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard: [img] Hello, Can anybody tell me hot to disable the settings icons in the onscreen keyboard. I use it in a museum with visitors, and they are not allowed to change settings obviously *Smile Thnx, Marcel 102082