Windows 10: Unable to get scanner recognized by Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to get scanner recognized by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Community, Hope someone can give me some direction. I purchased an Epson Perfection V600 Photo and Negative Scanner. I installed the CD as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GordonRoschko, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Unable to get scanner recognized by Windows 10

Hi Community,

Hope someone can give me some direction. I purchased an Epson Perfection V600 Photo and Negative Scanner. I installed the CD as directed, waited until the installation was complete as directed, rebooted the computer as directed then attempted to connect via the USB interface cable provided. The scanner powered up but immediately the error indicator started flashing. When I attempted to access the printer I get an error message that the computer cannot communicate with the scanner. I thought that the CD might have an older version of the drivers so I went to the Epson website, looked up the most recent software the website detected that I am using Windows 10 Pro and downloaded and installed the most current drivers. I rebooted the computer and reattached the cable. Same error message. I tried a different cable in case the cable was defective. Same error message. I looked at the installation instructions and see that only mentions Windows up to 8.1. I went into the Compatibility Mode. Made no difference. I made certain that I was running the software as an Administrator. Made no difference. I downloaded and installed the Epson Drivers onto my laptop in case the problem was with my main desktop and tried both cables on the laptop. Made no difference.

I'm out of ideas. Can anyone advise me?

Thanks.

:)

GordonRoschko, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Unable to get scanner recognized by Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Aug 7, 2020
  3. xwray Win User
    Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

Thanks Steve...I performed these steps *exactly* as well as with the 4870 drivers. Nothing is working. I have just about concluded that for whatever reason my Win10 install (from the "free" upgrade version) and the 4870 just aren't compatible. I just now reinstalled Win7 on a spare drive and installed the drivers without incident.
    I didn't really want to switch to Win10 anyhow what with all of it's privacy concerns and only did so because of the ongoing windows update issues with Win7. When it unilaterally decided to rename one of my folders screwing up my photo links I nearly removed it then and there. There's a lot more about Win10 I do not like and I'm probably going to toss it and go back to 7 permanently.

xwray, Aug 7, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Unable to get scanner recognized by Windows 10

bobkn, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Unable to get scanner recognized by Windows 10

1. Unable to get scanner recognized by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable scanner recognized

2. Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner not recognized by pc: Hello,I have a Canon MX410 PIXMA, series printer and scanner, connected with a USB plugto pc, W10 printer works, scanner not recognized ???What should I do to get the scanner recognized and work.All advice welcomeThank you...
  3. Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner not recognized by pc: Hello,I have a Canon MX410 PIXMA, series printer and scanner, connected with a USB plugto pc, W10 printer works, scanner not recognized ???What should I do to get the scanner recognized and work.All advice welcomeThank you...
  4. Scanner Not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner Not recognized: I have an Epson XP-820 printer/scanner. I can print but when I try to scan, I receive an error message saying the scanner isn't connected to the computer. How do you correct this?...
  5. Scanner Not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner Not recognized: I have an Epson XP-820 printer/scanner. I can print but when I try to scan, I receive an error message saying the scanner isn't connected to the computer. How do you correct this?...
  6. Laptop will not recognize scanner.

Laptop will not recognize scanner.: I have an [EPSONB5597FXP-235 Series] printer/scanner. My OS is Windows 10. My HP Envy dv7 laptop has stopped recognizing the scanner. It will print wirelessly but will not scan. It will not even recognize the scanner when it is hard wired. It used to do this no problem. How...
  7. Getting Windows 10 to recognize Canon Scanners that worked on Windows 7

Getting Windows 10 to recognize Canon Scanners that worked on Windows 7: I have an older Canon Scanner N1220U that works with Windows 7. On the newer laptop, I have Windows 10. Canon does not provide drivers or software to operate the scanner with Windows 10. Canon says to contact the operating system's manufacturer to see if their operating...
  8. Scanner not recognized by Win 10

Scanner not recognized by Win 10: I have a multifunction printer which I have been using for a couple of years. Today I tried to scan a document to file and the scanner program says" "scanner not detected on this device." [Moved from Office/Unknow/other/Windows 10/Office 365 for business]...
  9. Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner: I have thus far been able to get my 4870 scanner working. I have tried the EPSON recommended drivers for Win10 and several versions of Vuescan. The drivers seem to install OK but as soon as the install completes an error message appears stating that there is no scanner...
  10. Win 10 does not recognize scanner

Win 10 does not recognize scanner: Hi, my win 10 64-bit install does not recognize my ACER 640U scanner. I have downloaded the correct driver but win 10 does not install it. When I access "Scanners and Cameras" in the Control Panel and I click on "Add Device", point to the location of the .inf file, nothing...