Windows 10: Unable to get set up with Insider Program on new SSD

Discus and support Unable to get set up with Insider Program on new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new larger SSD for my laptop. On my old one, I was using and receiving Windows Insider Builds. When I got my new SSD, I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HenryPontzer, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Unable to get set up with Insider Program on new SSD

I recently purchased a new larger SSD for my laptop. On my old one, I was using and receiving Windows Insider Builds. When I got my new SSD, I did a clean install of Windows so that I didn't bring over any unneeded junk from my old SSD. On my new SSD, when I first went to the Windows Insider Program section in Settings, logged in, and select Fast Ring. I then restarted as required. However, if I go to check for updates, I don't get any Insider builds. If I go to the Windows Insider Program section in Settings, it shows the loading icon and then forces my computer to restart. When it boots up, my lock screen isthe default lock screen instead of the Bing image that shows up after a normal restart.

I am running Windows 10 Home 18363.657 on an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0077wm.

:)

HenryPontzer, Feb 17, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

insider Program activaction

Hi Rahul,

For you to join the Windows Insider Program, we suggest following the steps provided on this
    link. Please make sure that you are registered to the Insider program. Once registered, you can now install the Windows 10 Insider Preview for
    your device.

Let us know if you have other concern.

John Fer, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Getting out of the Insider Program

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check.

• Open the Settings app, hit ‘Update & security’.
    • Under Windows Update, hit ‘Advanced options’.
    • Then, under ‘Get Insider builds’, press the ‘Stop Insider Builds’ button.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Unable to get set up with Insider Program on new SSD

Getting out of the Insider Program

I never completed the insider program step. I would like to get out of it without having to complete it without having to proceed and then having to reinstall Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

BCBrowning, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Unable to get set up with Insider Program on new SSD

1. Unable to get set up with Insider Program on new SSD - Similar Threads - Unable set Insider

2. Setting up a new Internal SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a new Internal SSD: I am Installing a new internal ssd in my computer swapping out the old one for newer. Downloaded the installation media for windows on a blank usb flash drive stick but when I got through the installation dialogue it says unable to find driver. Don’t know what that means and...
  3. Setting up a new Internal SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up a new Internal SSD: I am Installing a new internal ssd in my computer swapping out the old one for newer. Downloaded the installation media for windows on a blank usb flash drive stick but when I got through the installation dialogue it says unable to find driver. Don’t know what that means and...
  4. Setting up a new Internal SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to register for insider program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to register for insider program: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 11 ARM to run on a Mac M1 virtual machine. When I go to the download page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewARM64 I'm directed to register for the insider program however when I click the "Learn more"...
  6. Unable to register for insider program

Unable to register for insider program: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 11 ARM to run on a Mac M1 virtual machine. When I go to the download page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewARM64 I'm directed to register for the insider program however when I click the "Learn more"...
  7. .Getting new SSD drive to boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Getting new SSD drive to boot up: I am running windows 11 Home insider preview. I have a 128 gb ssd that is getting very full. I purchased a new 512 gb ssd and cloned the C: drive using AOMEI partition Magic.. I appears to have cloned the drive correctly. I have all the same files on my new ssd drive. The old...
  8. .Getting new SSD drive to boot up

.Getting new SSD drive to boot up: I am running windows 11 Home insider preview. I have a 128 gb ssd that is getting very full. I purchased a new 512 gb ssd and cloned the C: drive using AOMEI partition Magic.. I appears to have cloned the drive correctly. I have all the same files on my new ssd drive. The old...
  9. Unable to leave the windows insider program

Unable to leave the windows insider program: I am trying to leave the windows insider program, but Microsoft will not allow me to log in and leave. Microsoft appears to be horribly confused about my account. On my computer, you can clearly see which account has me in the Dev Channel: [ATTACH] And yet, when I go to...
  10. New SSD Won't Set Up

New SSD Won't Set Up: Haven't done this in a while so not sure if I missed a step. I have a new SSD and Win 10 sees it in the admin tools but all options to format, partition are grayed out. 76972