Windows 10: Unable to get sound activated when I upgraded to Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to get sound activated when I upgraded to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running a Dell XPS M1530 (32 Bit) laptop. I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 to Windows 10 in the last few months. (The upgrade to Win 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomFox5, Aug 10, 2019.

1. TomFox5 Win User

Unable to get sound activated when I upgraded to Windows 10

I am running a Dell XPS M1530 (32 Bit) laptop. I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 to Windows 10 in the last few months. (The upgrade to Win 7 was required before going to Win 10). Speaker driver says not found under Device Manager, yet when I upgrade driver, it says best driver is installed. When I try to increase volume, I get (thru Device Manager) no input or output devices installed. Sound worked perfectly prior to the Windows changes. So, next, I did a clean install of Win 10 and no change. Troubleshooter is no help Unable to find solution through internet searches Any suggestions would be appreciated!.

Thank you in advance!

:)

TomFox5, Aug 10, 2019
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Unable to get sound activated when I upgraded to Windows 10 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Aug 10, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to get sound activated when I upgraded to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable sound activated

2. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows after upgrade: I am unable to view the activate by on phone on 5 laptops that I have here. Whether it is from settings or by running Slui 4. That commands only gives me a window to enter a new product key.I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 and need that Window to work to use the code to...
  3. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows after upgrade: I am unable to view the activate by on phone on 5 laptops that I have here. Whether it is from settings or by running Slui 4. That commands only gives me a window to enter a new product key.I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 and need that Window to work to use the code to...
  4. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. will i be able to get the free windows 11 activated upgrade from windows 10 not activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will i be able to get the free windows 11 activated upgrade from windows 10 not activated?: can i still get the free windows 11 upgrade and activated windows from windows 10 not activated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-i-be-able-to-get-the-free-windows-11/0e18920c-4381-4f2a-aeb5-f20fc002d026
  6. will i be able to get the free windows 11 activated upgrade from windows 10 not activated?

will i be able to get the free windows 11 activated upgrade from windows 10 not activated?: can i still get the free windows 11 upgrade and activated windows from windows 10 not activated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-i-be-able-to-get-the-free-windows-11/0e18920c-4381-4f2a-aeb5-f20fc002d026
  7. Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate

Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate: Hi, a while back we received a notice that we could upgrade our Windows 7 to 10 free. This was done by my then techie....some 3 years ago. 2 of the PCs now show that Windows requires activation. If I try using the key from the sticker on the PC tower Windows 7 it says it is...
  8. Unable to get Sound properly when playing Windows XP games in Windows 10

Unable to get Sound properly when playing Windows XP games in Windows 10: I recently copied a games folder from my old Windows XP system to my Windows 10 system. I can't find my original disc for the games, which was called 40 Games, so I was not able to do an official install using the CD. However, the games run OK (each game has its own exe...
  9. Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade

Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade: I recently upgraded my Motherboard on my PC. Following this upgrade I have been unable to activate Windows 10 Pro again on my device. I reached out to support and they were not able to get the key to work, telling me that it may be tied to my old motherboard. I was told...
  10. unable to activate windows. get a blank screen when i click on the activate windows

unable to activate windows. get a blank screen when i click on the activate windows: Lap top notification that windows 10 is not activated. Tried using the link to activate windows but all I get is a blank page. Any suggestions as to how this is to be solved...