Windows 10: Unable to 'GET' the Scan app through MSFT store

Discus and support Unable to 'GET' the Scan app through MSFT store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to 'Get' the Scan app (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wi...ot:overviewtab), I receive the following message - "This app has been blocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clk1946, Nov 26, 2020.

1. clk1946 Win User

Unable to 'GET' the Scan app through MSFT store

When I try to 'Get' the Scan app (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wi...otUnable to 'GET' the Scan app through MSFT store :eek:verviewtab), I receive the following message - "This app has been blocked by your system administrator....". Something is blocking my ability to download and install the Scan app on one of my systems (windows 10 version 20H2) . After some review, I can see that group policy is preventing my access through the Microsoft store. I'd like to get help in resolving this annoyance - don't know how this was triggered. I'm attaching 4 event log entries to maybe help in diagnosing what is going on.

Unable to 'GET' the Scan app through MSFT store [​IMG]

:)

clk1946, Nov 26, 2020

2. Unable to purchase app in store

Hello Nraina thank you for posting.

Here are some suggestions you can try in order to solve this issue.

• I would suggest you log with your Microsoft Account on
      https://account.live.com make sure your birth date, time&date and the time zone are correct.

• If you are having this issue on your Windows Phone, please check the time and date on the phone as well (<<settings <<time&date) and set them on manual.

• Please also log with the same Microsoft account to
      http://www.xbox.com
      and make sure you have created you Gamertag.

• As a last step, please just do a soft reset of the phone (if the issues are on you r Windows Phone)
    Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons for 20 seconds, until the phone vibrates. Once it vibrates, release the buttons and the phone should restart.

Here is another forum posting that might be helpful.

Unable to Purchase an App in Windows Store

Kind Regards

Vladimir Mi, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Unable to download apps from Windows Store

Hi Nishadha,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you face an issue with a particular\ all apps?

As you have issue with the store downloading apps, try to run these inbuilt troubleshooters.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.

and

Follow the same steps to use the Windows update troubleshooter.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Unable to 'GET' the Scan app through MSFT store

Unable to download apps from Windows Store

Hi Nishadha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate you interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to download Apps from Windows Store, we will help you to resolve this issue.

• Kindly let us know if you are able to see any error message/ notification.

I suggest you to login through administrator Microsoft Account and perform the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Re-register the Store App and check.

• Right click on Start button on the desktop and select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Here, User Account Control window pops up and click on
      Yes to open Command Prompt with administrator privileges.

• Type the below command in the Command Prompt:

• powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to 'GET' the Scan app through MSFT store

1. Unable to 'GET' the Scan app through MSFT store - Similar Threads - Unable 'GET' Scan

2. Why is the install button gone on some of the apps in the MSFT Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the install button gone on some of the apps in the MSFT Store?: Most apps have a 'Get' or 'Install' button but on some apps it doesn't show on apps such as Discord, Netflix and Epic Games. I am 13 and have some screen time limits but I can still install apps such as TikTok and various video games. Usually, if I press install, it prompts...
  3. Why is the install button gone on some of the apps in the MSFT Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the install button gone on some of the apps in the MSFT Store?: Most apps have a 'Get' or 'Install' button but on some apps it doesn't show on apps such as Discord, Netflix and Epic Games. I am 13 and have some screen time limits but I can still install apps such as TikTok and various video games. Usually, if I press install, it prompts...
  4. Window Security opens the app store and unable to run quick scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Security opens the app store and unable to run quick scan: I noticed that my Windows 11 computer was prompting me to take action with the window security, when I click the quick scan or any of the options from the icon it automatically opens the app store and is unable to do the scan as it used to in window 10. I have also done the...
  5. Window Security opens the app store and unable to run quick scan

Window Security opens the app store and unable to run quick scan: I noticed that my Windows 11 computer was prompting me to take action with the window security, when I click the quick scan or any of the options from the icon it automatically opens the app store and is unable to do the scan as it used to in window 10. I have also done the...
  6. Unable to download Paladins through Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download Paladins through Microsoft Store: When I went into the app store and tried to download paladins, and it said I owned the game. but it also said that I don't have any devices linked to my Microsoft account. I logged in to my Ipad's Microsoft's account but it still doesn't work. I tried refreshing and it says...
  7. Unable to download any apps through the windows store.

Unable to download any apps through the windows store.: Hi, I've been trying to install Forza Horizon 4 through the windows store but the download stalls on "Starting download" and does not begin. I have tried the suggested reset and that had no effect on the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks,...
  8. Unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store

Unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store: I have 2 devices with Windows 10 registered on my Microsoft account but I'm unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store in one of them. Any help will be greatly appreciated....
  9. Unable to get Xbox App from Microsoft Store

Unable to get Xbox App from Microsoft Store: Today when I tried to open my XBOX app it would not allow me to sign in. I kept getting a window that states: Something went wrong. Please try again later. 0x80090016 Things I've tried: Resetting the Xbox and Store apps in the system settings Running the built-in store...
  10. Apps installed through store not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps installed through store not opening: Recently I am not able to open any apps and games installed through the Microsoft Store such as Asphalt 8 and Traffic Rider. My laptop is a Lenovo G50-70 Ideapad running on Windows 10 Home version with Intel i3 and AMD Radeon. The app/game starts in their initial respective...