Windows 10: Unable to get to Advanced section to set up email

Discus and support Unable to get to Advanced section to set up email in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new computer with the latest Outlook. I am trying to set up a personal email account on a pop3 server which requires a username and password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HaleyXM, Nov 24, 2020.

1. HaleyXM Win User

Unable to get to Advanced section to set up email

I have a new computer with the latest Outlook. I am trying to set up a personal email account on a pop3 server which requires a username and password. I seem unable to get to that section. Can you please let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

:)

HaleyXM, Nov 24, 2020

2. Email setting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable access Gmail in mail app after resetting the password.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to reset the Microsoft Mail and Calendar app and then reconfigure the mail app with Gmail email.

Steps to reset the Mail app.

1. Press Windows + I key to Launch
      Windows Settings
    2. Click Apps and select
      Apps & features from the left pane
    3. Scroll and select Mail & Calendar app and select
      Advanced Option.
    4. Click on Reset and restart the PC, then reconfigure.

Please refer this article to reconfigure the Gmail account in Mail app:

Set up email in the Mail app for Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 24, 2020
  3. unable to set up email on lumia 650 error code 0x80072efd

Let's continue working on this. We suggest you add your email account on your phone manually by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Accounts.
    • Tap Email & app accounts.
    • Tap Add an account.
    • Tap Advanced setup.
    • Choose Internet email.
    • The next screen will ask for your account information. You need to input your email server which will be provided by your email provider. We suggest you contact them for assistance on how you can properly set up your account.
    • Once you got all the server settings set up, tap sign in.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to get to Advanced section to set up email - Similar Threads - Unable Advanced section

2. How to change email in the setting a section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change email in the setting a section: gear icon settings > upper left corner with the drop down arrow in the word settings. I want to change the email since it is not administrator. Please help...
  3. How to change email in the setting a section

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change email in the setting a section: gear icon settings > upper left corner with the drop down arrow in the word settings. I want to change the email since it is not administrator. Please help...
  4. How to change email in the setting a section

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. system advanced settings unable to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system advanced settings unable to open: hi recently to correct my command prompt path i entered in to environmental variables accidentally deleted some variables... and now am unable to open system advanced settings also...
  6. Unable to edit file owner with Advanced Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to edit file owner with Advanced Settings: I am desperately trying to disable Antimalware Executable. I have added the registry variables that supposedly disable Windows Defender, but after rebooting it fails to keep the Antimalware Executable out of my task manager. The program eats up my disk harder than my system...
  7. Unable to see Family & other users section in Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to see Family & other users section in Settings: [IMG][IMG]Please solve my this problem, which I can't see the family & other user when I change my account to standard user from administrator account and then I can't change to administrator Please help me I am in Problem ***Modified title from: I can't See the family &...
  8. Email set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email set up: Choose which account to send the email from - is not set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-set-up/be9b2881-a488-4d5c-9afb-1ae288e2a183
  9. how to get into advanced mail settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get into advanced mail settings: How do I get into advanced mail settings in icloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-into-advanced-mail-settings/8c2af922-a6ba-40e8-bf95-232a92069b3a
  10. No advanced setting option for email

in Windows 10 Customization
    No advanced setting option for email: New computer. Windows 10. Email account active but no email. Manage tab supposed to have advanced settings to enter smtp, etc but its not there. What am i missing here?...