Windows 10: Unable to get win10 product key in blue repair screen

Discus and support Unable to get win10 product key in blue repair screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have been having an issue with a computer that goes as follows During a windows update the computer froze and when switched off something went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ImperialStrNnja, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Unable to get win10 product key in blue repair screen

Hi I have been having an issue with a computer that goes as follows

During a windows update the computer froze and when switched off something went wrong and the computer restarted with a blue screen and a “repairing” loading screen that stayed stuck at 0% for about 24 hours so I switched the computer off again. When restarted the blue repair menu screen showed up but I have been unable to male any option work, not backup, not disk image. Reinstalling with or without my files seems to fail. I managed to plug the hard drive in another computer and recover files so I just want to reinstall windows which seems to be the problem. I downloaded a disk image of win 10 on a USB key but I am missing the product key of my windows 10. Considering it was a win8 computer that received a free win10 update I’ve been unable to recover the product key with the command prompt and am now stuck and I don’t really know how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

:)

ImperialStrNnja, Jul 18, 2019

2. 2nd try at latest Win10 update - in blue screen loop again

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know how exactly are you trying to access Safe mode?

I suggest you to perform an automatic repair using Windows 10 ISO file and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After installing Windows 10, perform an Automatic Repair.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

For blue screen error, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft articles:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Unable to get win10 product key in blue repair screen

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Unable to get win10 product key in blue repair screen

1. Unable to get win10 product key in blue repair screen - Similar Threads - Unable win10 product

2. Cannot Get Pass the Blue Repair Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Get Pass the Blue Repair Screen: So every time I turn on the PC, it will always bring me back to the blue repair screen. Three options: 1 - Continue Exit and continue to Windows 10, 2 - Troubleshoot Reset your PC or see Advanced options, 3 - Turn off your PC. Every time I choose the first option, the PC will...
  3. Cannot Get Pass the Blue Repair Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Get Pass the Blue Repair Screen: So every time I turn on the PC, it will always bring me back to the blue repair screen. Three options: 1 - Continue Exit and continue to Windows 10, 2 - Troubleshoot Reset your PC or see Advanced options, 3 - Turn off your PC. Every time I choose the first option, the PC will...
  4. Cannot Get Pass the Blue Repair Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Product key for win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key for win10 Pro: How can I get a product key for Win 10 Pro? I upgraded from Home edition online at Start menu and paid the $99 fee.At first I got an error code 0x80070005. I rebooted and according to "System/About" I have Win 10 Enterprise but I can't activate without either a product key or...
  6. Unable to get out of auto repair blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to get out of auto repair blue screen: Hi, My issue started with my pc windows 10 not recognising any wifi networks with an error message along the lines of cannot detect network driver. From that i am now stuck on the auto repair loop and have tried many things but none if them work, including the reset option...
  7. Win10 - product key obscured!

Win10 - product key obscured!: This may sound a bit absurd but having devoted nearly 2 days getting a new Win10 installation fully updated, I now cannot read the product key to activate the system. The reason being that the 'MICROSOFT' security sticker covering the key has left a glue residue that's...
  8. Win10 - product key obscured!

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 - product key obscured!: This may sound a bit absurd but having devoted nearly 2 days getting a new Win10 installation fully updated, I now cannot read the product key to activate the system. The reason being that the 'MICROSOFT' security sticker covering the key has left a glue residue that's...
  9. WIN10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 product key: My hard drive died and I do not know my WIN10 product key to reinstall. I am not able to get through to MS to find out what to do. HELP before the temp install expires https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-product-key/132432a3-fc0a-4721-b5f9-0940542862c7
  10. Win10 Pro Product Key

Win10 Pro Product Key: I upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro a few years ago. I am now receiving a message in Settings saying that my product key is for Win 10 Home. This is not correct. It is, and always had been, a valid and activated installation of Win10 Pro. Why is this happening?...