Windows 10: Unable to get Xbox App from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Unable to get Xbox App from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today when I tried to open my XBOX app it would not allow me to sign in. I kept getting a window that states: Something went wrong. Please try again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Norbie85, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Norbie85 Win User

Unable to get Xbox App from Microsoft Store

Today when I tried to open my XBOX app it would not allow me to sign in. I kept getting a window that states:

Something went wrong. Please try again later.

0x80090016

Things I've tried:

• Resetting the Xbox and Store apps in the system settings
    • Running the built-in store apps troubleshooter
    • Turning the following services' launch method from manual to automatic and vice versa: Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking Service
    • Running this command in Powershell with administrator privileges: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Signing in with my local account, removing Microsoft account, creating a new user and signing in to the app from that user accont
    • Just restarting the PC

Still getting the same error.....

Getting VERY frustrated with windows.

Thank you in advance

Norbert

I tried resetting and repairing the Microsoft Store app but I'm still getting the same result.

:)

Norbie85, Apr 11, 2019

2. Xbox Insider Hub does not appear in the Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you signed in using the Microsoft account?
    3. Are you able to search for other apps on the Microsoft Store?

However, you may follow these steps to check if that helps.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the apps troubleshooter to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: You can also try to manually
    download the Xbox Insider Hub
    from the link.

Article for Reference.

Get the Xbox Insider Hub app

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 11, 2019
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Unable to get Xbox App from Microsoft Store

Xbox app won't let me update

Hi YoUnG300tHuGgA,

Having a corrupted app file is one of the potential reasons why you're unable to update your Xbox app. To help you resolve this concern, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Reset Xbox app settings.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app.

• Click start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

• Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

• Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage xboxapp |
      Remove-
      AppxPackage

• Hit Enter.Launch Windows Store again and download Xbox App.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to get Xbox App from Microsoft Store

1. Unable to get Xbox App from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Unable Xbox App

2. Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app: Both apps have been fine up to now, but I recently got an error when trying to open the xbox app, saying to reinstall it. Tried uninstalling, but when I try to reinstall, I get the erroe below.I now can't open Microsoft store app, can't find it in installed apps to reset...
  3. Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app: Both apps have been fine up to now, but I recently got an error when trying to open the xbox app, saying to reinstall it. Tried uninstalling, but when I try to reinstall, I get the erroe below.I now can't open Microsoft store app, can't find it in installed apps to reset...
  4. Getting an app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting an app from Microsoft Store: Hello, I downloaded windows 11 and created a new Microsoft account This account, I wanted to download/get an app but when I click on "Get" It shows me this: Image in comments...
  5. Getting an app from Microsoft Store

Getting an app from Microsoft Store: Hello, I downloaded windows 11 and created a new Microsoft account This account, I wanted to download/get an app but when I click on "Get" It shows me this: Image in comments...
  6. Unable to download XBOX app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download XBOX app from microsoft store.: Issue:I have bought an XBOX ultimate game pass but I am unable to download the XBOX app from the microsoft store. So I tried downloading from the website but it gave the error "Country not supported".However I live in India and XBOX is supported in India Any leads would be...
  7. Unable to download XBOX app from microsoft store.

Unable to download XBOX app from microsoft store.: Issue:I have bought an XBOX ultimate game pass but I am unable to download the XBOX app from the microsoft store. So I tried downloading from the website but it gave the error "Country not supported".However I live in India and XBOX is supported in India Any leads would be...
  8. unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app: I can't sign into my xbox account, it will just load and then close, then when i try to download something on my pc then it will just load and then stay loading. I tried doing wrseset.exe and it does nothing....
  9. Unable to sign into the Microsoft Store or Xbox Beta App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to sign into the Microsoft Store or Xbox Beta App: I have an issue with the Microsoft Store and Xbox Beta App where I am unable to sign. I am able to start the app no problem but when I click sign in on either app, nothing happens, no separate window or prompt to let me sign in and it feels like I tried everything but nothing...
  10. Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live: My son has Windows 10 Pro on his PC. We had to do a reset due to various issues and now he cannot sign into the App Store and Xbox Live with his Microsoft account. I have tried using my Microsoft account and still have the same problem. However we can login with a Local...