Windows 10: Unable to give app permission to use microphone because off button is grayed out and won't...

Discus and support Unable to give app permission to use microphone because off button is grayed out and won't... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I was preparing for a google meet meeting, and I was testing my microphone. However it didn't seem to work. Eventually I found the problem, and that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alex W-G, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Alex W-G Win User

Unable to give app permission to use microphone because off button is grayed out and won't...

So I was preparing for a google meet meeting, and I was testing my microphone. However it didn't seem to work. Eventually I found the problem, and that was that I hadn't given apps permission to use the microphone. I tried to switch it on, but the "off" button was grayed out, and I couldn't switch it on. I found a post by another user who had a similar problem, but it seemed to be for a different reason, and someone posted a link to a website with a solution, but it just sent me to an error screen. Any ideas on how to fix it? I need it for tomorrow, and I really don't want to cancel. I don't k

:)

Alex W-G, Jul 7, 2021
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work

same happened to and this solved it, good luck

If you're having trouble with your microphone, let's start by making sure your microphone has full permission to run in Windows. If your microphone is no longer detected after updating Windows 10, you may need to give apps permission to use it.

• To let apps access the microphone, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

• Under "Allow access to the microphone on this device", it should state, "Microphone access for this device is on." Select the
      Change button to make sure the setting is set to
      On.

• Then make sure Allow apps to access your microphone is also set to On.

• After allowing access to the microphone, you can choose which apps can access these features under Choose which apps can access your microphone.

sylwiawawrzynczak, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Unable to give app permission to use microphone because off button is grayed out and won't...

Chrome not existent in microphone permissions

I have a microphone hooked up to my computer, and every "Allow _ to access the microphone" is enabled including unknown applications. Google Chrome does not appear in the list, and it is the only application being denied for permissions. Is there a way
    to force Windows to add Chrome to the unknown application list and give it permission to use the microphone?

ThomasMahon, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Unable to give app permission to use microphone because off button is grayed out and won't...

1. Unable to give app permission to use microphone because off button is grayed out and won't... - Similar Threads - Unable app permission

2. Firmware protection off and button grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware protection off and button grayed out: I enabled firmware protection via Group Policy editor, but when I went to windows security the firmware protection button was off and grayed out with a message "This setting is managed by your administrator."I want the fix and turn on Firmware protection...
  3. Firmware protection off and button grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firmware protection off and button grayed out: I enabled firmware protection via Group Policy editor, but when I went to windows security the firmware protection button was off and grayed out with a message "This setting is managed by your administrator."I want the fix and turn on Firmware protection...
  4. Firmware protection off and button grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Firmware protection off and button grayed out

6. Microphone Frequency Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Frequency Grayed Out: Hey! i just need a little help because when I downloaded Voicemod I needed to change my microphone quality to lower than a certain amount of Hz but when I went into the advanced tab on manage audio devices its grayed out I'll attach an image if I can...
  7. Microphone Frequency Grayed Out

Microphone Frequency Grayed Out: Hey! i just need a little help because when I downloaded Voicemod I needed to change my microphone quality to lower than a certain amount of Hz but when I went into the advanced tab on manage audio devices its grayed out I'll attach an image if I can...
  8. Power button grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button grayed out: Power icon grayed out in turn system icon ..tried task manager windows explorer restart didn't help, went to device manager disabled Microsoft AC Adaptor then enabled disabled Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery restated laptop in safe mode no use, from command...
  9. Ideas button grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ideas button grayed out: hi< i have downloaded the free trial for office 365, that will then get purchased after the months period. i intially did not find the ideas button, so i got it from the options and added it. i then tried applying it it just doesn;t work and is grayed out. also the...
  10. Delete button grayed out in People app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete button grayed out in People app: I am trying to delete a contact in People app on Windows 10 but when i right click the word “delete” is greyed out so how do i delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-button-grayed-out-in-people-app/2796f9bc-a625-471a-9706-bc452ba715d6