Windows 10: Unable to go back to the previous version of Windows 10 after 20H2 update

Discus and support Unable to go back to the previous version of Windows 10 after 20H2 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Just update my PC yesterday. Having some issues so I tried to go back. But Settings -> Update -> Recovery has the options greyed out. "This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by redhonker, Nov 29, 2020.

1. redhonker Win User

Unable to go back to the previous version of Windows 10 after 20H2 update

Hi,

Just update my PC yesterday. Having some issues so I tried to go back. But Settings -> Update -> Recovery has the options greyed out. "This option is no longer available because your PC was updated more than 10 days ago".

What could I do?

Thanks

:)

redhonker, Nov 29, 2020
  2. John DeV Win User

Windows 10 version 20H2

Hello Richard,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. What was your previous version before upgrading to version 20H2?

If you download version 2004 and install it directly while in 20H2, It will remove everything on your system.

To avoid that, Please try the method below.

Press Windows key+I to open Settings > Update and Security

Select View Update History > Click Uninstall Updates

Select “Feature update to Windows 10 20H2 via enablement package” right-click it and choose to uninstall.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Unable to get New Version 20H2

To,

Microsoft Community

Hi, this is Gavin. Currently using Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version 2004 (OS Build: 19041.572)

I heard & read that Microsoft has released New Windows 10 OS, Version "20H2". But when i checked for Updates through Windows Updates its shows me that you,re using the Latest Version.

Can you please help me to update to New Windows 10 OS, Version "20H2". Is there any Link to Download Version "20H2". Eagerly waiting to try the New Windows
    10 OS, Version "20H2".

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Gavin

GavinMathos, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Unable to go back to the previous version of Windows 10 after 20H2 update

Windows 10 version 20H2

The computer in question had Windows 7 on it and there was not an option to uninstall the 20H2 update. So I have reverted back to Windows 7. Is there a way to download and install Windows 10 version 2004? The games will work on that version but not the
    20H2 version.

Thanks

Richard Alan, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to go back to the previous version of Windows 10 after 20H2 update

1. Unable to go back to the previous version of Windows 10 after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Unable previous version

2. Go back to previous version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Go back to previous version of Windows 10: Hi if I use “go back to previous version of windows 10 does it go back to 1909 because 20h2 is so damn slow and if I did that will it delete my files on D: drive or just C: system drive...
  3. Unable to go back to previous version from 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to go back to previous version from 20H2: I updated to 20H2 two days ago. However, I’m having mic problems, and after trying several methods without success I decided to just get back to my previous build (1909). However, no matter how many times I try it only restarts. I don’t know what else to do at this point....
  4. Windows 10 not going back to a previous update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not going back to a previous update: Recently my games have been stuttering badly and i assume its windows 10 since i've tried everything else, but going to recovery in settings and rolling back from to a previous version of windows 10 doesn't change anything and it stays on 1909 released on may 12th, can i get...
  5. Can't go back to previous version

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't go back to previous version: I just upgraded to 1909, I read that they fixed the problem with search in File Explorer - they didn't it still doesn't work, and now it says "Your pc was updated more than 10 days ago". I tried 1909 several months ago, did not like the fact that you can't search in File...
  6. go back to previous version

go back to previous version: hello! have a good day! i have an issue regarding windows 10, kindly need some assistance. currently i have upgraded windows 10 1803 to 1809 version. and i have also deleted windows.old folder from c drive. but i am facing some issues with 1809 version. is their any...
  7. Resting Windows will go back to previous version?

Resting Windows will go back to previous version?: I want to reset my PC. I am running Windows 10, but my PC came preinstalled with Windows 8.1. If I reset my PC, will it reset to Windows 8.1?...
  8. is there anyway to go back to a previous version of windows 10?

is there anyway to go back to a previous version of windows 10?: I can't find anyway possible to go back to a previous version of windows 10 for any weird reason. My reason for wanting to go rollback is for a few problems i've been having with Game Dvr besides that i've try almost everything to roll back to a previous version of windows...
  9. going back to a previous version of windows

going back to a previous version of windows: I'm thinking of going back to a previous version of windows right before the creators update (i think its the same as 1703). I don't like all the changes it caused, mainly not being able to rearrange my files the way i want to, that's a must have for me. Since i have never...
  10. Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10: How to: Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10 How to Go Back to Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10 When you Windows.old[/b] folder in the root directory of the Windows 10 drive as a backup. This backup will allow you to be able to go back to...