Windows 10: Unable to go to Desktop From Start

Discus and support Unable to go to Desktop From Start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not sure if this is normal or not. Just got a new laptop. Seems I'm unable to brig up the desktop when I click the Windows icon in the bottom left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesJoey, Jun 8, 2019.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Unable to go to Desktop From Start

Not sure if this is normal or not.

Just got a new laptop.

Seems I'm unable to brig up the desktop when I click the Windows icon in the bottom left of start screen

I can get to the desktop by right clicking the Windows icon and selecting Desktop.

Any ideas?

James

:)

JamesJoey, Jun 8, 2019

2. After installing windows 10, desktop has no icons and flashes

Any suggestions?

sbbarnett24, Jun 8, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Unable to go to Desktop From Start

Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

Hi Ed,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Please be informed that it is as per the Windows 10 Operating system
    design.

If you wish to access the Start screen similar to Windows 8.1, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Start from the left navigation pane.

• Turn on the Use start full screen.
    After performing above steps, if you click on the Windows button at the top left corner on the desktop screen, you may access the Start screen similar to Windows 8/8.1 Operating system.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Unable to go to Desktop From Start

1. Unable to go to Desktop From Start - Similar Threads - Unable Desktop Start

2. My desktop unable to start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop unable to start.: From last 1 week my desktop is not getting start. It only shows restart and advance options on blue screen. And even after doing restart and troubleshooting, pc didn't get start. Repeatedly it shows same msg restart or advance option. So Please help me with this. How can I...
  3. My desktop unable to start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop unable to start.: From last 1 week my desktop is not getting start. It only shows restart and advance options on blue screen. And even after doing restart and troubleshooting, pc didn't get start. Repeatedly it shows same msg restart or advance option. So Please help me with this. How can I...
  4. My desktop unable to start.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to Remove Power Automate Desktop from Start-Up Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Power Automate Desktop from Start-Up Apps: Even though I have unchecked 'Auto-Start Application' in Power Automate Desktop settings, it is stilllisted in the Start-Up app in Task Manager.Any way to remove not disable the item?James...
  6. Unable to Remove Power Automate Desktop from Start-Up Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Remove Power Automate Desktop from Start-Up Apps: Even though I have unchecked 'Auto-Start Application' in Power Automate Desktop settings, it is stilllisted in the Start-Up app in Task Manager.Any way to remove not disable the item?James...
  7. Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also...: Started 10/09/2019 Unable to open File Explorer from desktop or taskbar or from start also the Firefox is gone from taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/started-10092019-unable-to-open-file-explorer-from/66cf3b18-e3de-47f4-aca3-b1e0115fc8dd"
  8. Unable to start games from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to start games from Store: I am unable to start the games (all the games!!) I download from the Store. I press the start, it flashes but nothing happens. I tried updating Windows, Store, the games with no avail...
  9. Unable to Remove Folder From Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Remove Folder From Start: I inadvertently dragged a tile into another. Now there's this damn folder tile with 2 tiles and I can't remove it. I can't drag any of the tiles out, right clicking only allows Resize. I even pinned the recycle bin to the start screen and dragged it onto that, didn't work....
  10. Unable to Remove Folder From Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Remove Folder From Start: I inadvertently dragged a tile into another. Now there's this damn folder tile with 2 tiles and I can't remove it. I can't drag any of the tiles out, right clicking only allows Resize. I even pinned the recycle bin to the start screen and dragged it onto that, didn't work....