Windows 10: Unable to hear audio and Windows update staying at 0%

Discus and support Unable to hear audio and Windows update staying at 0% in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So after about 4 hours of figuring out how to get rid of the red x off of my sound icon I eventually get it but now I cant hear anything. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Houraisan Kaguya, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Unable to hear audio and Windows update staying at 0%

So after about 4 hours of figuring out how to get rid of the red x off of my sound icon I eventually get it but now I cant hear anything. I have already tried replacing the drivers but to no avail and I've followed every step in the Microsoft Fix Audio Problems support page and nothing has worked. The only step I haven't done is update my Windows, and that's because there's an update that is stuck on 0% and yes I have troubleshooted it but it wont go away or finish. It is called "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 6.0.9129.1" and I believe it might have to do something with the audio proble

:)

Houraisan Kaguya, Aug 18, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 18, 2022
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Aug 18, 2022
  4. Dan_367 Win User

Unable to hear audio and Windows update staying at 0%

Downloading Updates stays at 0%

On Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 Preinstalled, it has stayed at 0% since 8am this morning, which is going on 7 hours as I type this. I am connecting to the internet with no problems. What simple steps should I take to get this fixed?

Now yesterday this desktop Windows 10 HP computer had a huge update that took some time, but it was finished including having to restart in under 1 hour.

Dan_367, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

Unable to hear audio and Windows update staying at 0%

1. Unable to hear audio and Windows update staying at 0% - Similar Threads - Unable hear audio

2. Unable to hear audio and Windows update staying at 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to hear audio and Windows update staying at 0%: So after about 4 hours of figuring out how to get rid of the red x off of my sound icon I eventually get it but now I cant hear anything. I have already tried replacing the drivers but to no avail and I've followed every step in the Microsoft Fix Audio Problems support page...
  3. Unable to hear audio and Windows update staying at 0%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to hear audio and Windows update staying at 0%: So after about 4 hours of figuring out how to get rid of the red x off of my sound icon I eventually get it but now I cant hear anything. I have already tried replacing the drivers but to no avail and I've followed every step in the Microsoft Fix Audio Problems support page...
  4. Intel Update stays at 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Update stays at 0%: Hello,I reinstalled Intel Driver & Support Assistant a few days back, I used it a few months ago and it showed an update. When I click download all:It gets stuck at 0%:I have waited several hours and also tried putting it overnight. It still remains at 0%. I have also tried...
  5. Intel Update stays at 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Update stays at 0%: Hello,I reinstalled Intel Driver & Support Assistant a few days back, I used it a few months ago and it showed an update. When I click download all:It gets stuck at 0%:I have waited several hours and also tried putting it overnight. It still remains at 0%. I have also tried...
  6. Windows update staying at 0%!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update staying at 0%!!: So I have an update: 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5010342 and I've tried multiple ways to make it go over 0% but no matter what it stays like that, I left my pc on for 3 hours and when I went back to it, it was still at 0%. My...
  7. Windows update staying at 0%!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update staying at 0%!!: So I have an update: 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5010342 and I've tried multiple ways to make it go over 0% but no matter what it stays like that, I left my pc on for 3 hours and when I went back to it, it was still at 0%. My...
  8. Windows update staying at 0%!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. This Update Keeps staying at 0% then fails to update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This Update Keeps staying at 0% then fails to update?: [IMG] submitted by /u/CoolSarn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ertc8r/this_update_keeps_staying_at_0_then_fails_to/
  10. Disk stays at 0%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk stays at 0%: Noticed that my Edge was a little slow loading images or opening other web sites. Went to Task Manager and found Disk stays at 0%. "NOT 100%". Have had the 100% on a lot of customers but never the opposite. Try Googling that and you'll get a ton of entries but they all have...