Windows 10: Unable to hear nor access the microphone No output and input devices are found.

Discus and support Unable to hear nor access the microphone No output and input devices are found. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I experienced this issue after my Windows 10 asked for an update and asked me to restart it. It is quite confusing to me that this issue never occurred... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ayush.S.P, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Ayush.S.P Win User

Unable to hear nor access the microphone No output and input devices are found.

I experienced this issue after my Windows 10 asked for an update and asked me to restart it. It is quite confusing to me that this issue never occurred to me after my recent updates and it was working fine. But the latest update stated something about the new features of windows and consumed a lot of time for restarting. After update I am unable to hear anything nor access to the microphone of my device. I am currently unaware of how to fix this problem. I sure did reboot my pc 2 times but nothing seemed to change. Troubleshooting this problem also didn't help me get through this problem. Can you suggest me something about this?

Unable to hear nor access the microphone No output and input devices are found. [​IMG]

:)

Ayush.S.P, Oct 6, 2020

2. Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs
    work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

nigel666911314, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Sound input and output

Does it show a separate microphone device from the earphones available to select as the input device instead of only the earphones?

You may need to just select each input device one at a time to test and see if one may be for the microphone of the earphones.

The earphones may be for output instead.

Shawn Brink, Oct 6, 2020
  4. syddom93 Win User

no input or output audio devices found

Unfortunately, that did not work. There is something listed under the sound now in the device manager and that says it is functioning, but i still have no sound and it states there are no input and output devices.

syddom93, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to hear nor access the microphone No output and input devices are found. - Similar Threads - Unable hear nor

2. No output/input devices found after KB5008215 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No output/input devices found after KB5008215 update: Hello,I noticed that after windows installed the update KB5008215 a few days ago, my laptop has stopped recognising my built-in sound/mic devices. I looked a bit on the issue, and the drivers are all okay and updated. I also uninstalled and re-installed the drivers, restarted...
  3. No output/input devices found after KB5008215 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No output/input devices found after KB5008215 update: Hello,I noticed that after windows installed the update KB5008215 a few days ago, my laptop has stopped recognising my built-in sound/mic devices. I looked a bit on the issue, and the drivers are all okay and updated. I also uninstalled and re-installed the drivers, restarted...
  4. No input and output devices found on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No input and output devices found on laptop: [ATTACH] The only output device found is my Google Home and it works fine. But then not even the laptop's speakers and mic are there. And when I plug in my headphones they don't show up either. Pretty sure this all happened after a driver update. What can I do?...
  5. No input device found, output device not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No input device found, output device not working.: Hello, I've recently purchased an Alienware computer and have been been experiencing issues. The audio on the computer doesn't seem to work. I can't hear anything coming out, and the computer cant hear me. I have headphones, with a microphone that needs to be plugged in....
  6. Microphone input not found

Microphone input not found: Hello, My name is Dan and i have a microphone problem on my Dell xps 9570. running Windows 10 My microphone setting is turned On , - i installed all the audio drivers necessary, - the setting to allow apps to use my microphone is On, - I updated the sound drivers in...
  7. no input or output audio devices found

in Windows 10 Customization
    no input or output audio devices found: My computer used to play audio and one day it stopped and says no audio playback devices are found on this computer. When I run the troubleshooter it says the update should take care of it and to restart your computer. Which I have done multiple times. Any ideas?...
  8. No audio input or output devices found

No audio input or output devices found: After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found....
  9. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

No Audio Input or Output Devices found: After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/ Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems .. Sound settings say...
  10. No audio device, nor audio input, nor audio output found on my Lenovo laptop G50ß I always...

No audio device, nor audio input, nor audio output found on my Lenovo laptop G50ß I always...: No audio device, nor audio input, nor audio output found on my Lenovo laptop G50ß I always had it before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-device-nor-audio-input-nor-audio-output/a70f38d1-6adb-4698-a6b7-054ddc7ff9ac